• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    I've had both KelTec PF9 and P3AT- both were very dependable,even though they may not win any beauty contests. P3AT is so light and concealable,it is almost forgettable in your pocket(pocket clip keeps it from disappearing:)).PF9 was not quite as easy to conceal,but still very small for a 9mm. Wish I still had it.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I sold a P3AT in lieu of a pocket 9. I carried it for ten years.

I really only had two issues, neither of which was a FTF or FTE.

1) The magazine release had a tendency to occasionally release the mag during pocket (holster) carry.
    2) The biggie. A trip up to the NE side of Lake MI. We were camping. We walked to the beach. I was pocket carrying the P3AT. No rolling in the sand. ;) No running or playing. I grew up in Daytona Beach... know how sand gets everywhere? Well, just the tiniest amount must've gotten into my pockets. I mean, you could have counted the grains.

The P3AT? Dead. Literally one or two grains got into that space between the grip frame and the trigger bar. No go. I had to full strip the gun and clean, clean, clean before it was operable again. Even after it first appeared clear, I was getting light strikes. I know... sand will do a number on most guns. However, I carried my HK P7 - not exactly a simple handgun in terms of tolerances and parts - the rest of the trip and cleaned some minor grains out of it too with zero function issues.

My confidence was shot after that. If a pocket pistol that I depended on couldn't handle a couple of grains of sand in the lint trap that is my pocket, then I could no longer depend on it. YMMV.

Top Bottom