• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fireaxes

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Wabash County
    Front pants pocket, nothing bigger than a Kel-tec P32. Coat pocket? Just about anything. A J-frame S&W 442 is my all around favorite to drop in a pocket.

hoosierfishing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 17, 2010
    Ruger LCP with +1 mag extension. I believe that the 380 round is a capable round from 5 to 7 feet. Which is what these pocket pistols are designed for.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I pocket an airweight S&W J-frame a goodly portion of the days.

I do have a few pairs of jeans, though, that have shallow pockets. If my pockets aren't deep enough to cover the entire thing, I don't pocket carry.

-J-

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I made this comment to a buddy the other day "this is what I carry when I don't want to carry a gun"... when speaking of my J-frame. :laugh:

It is definitely absolutely positively better than nothing. And there are PLENTY of times when convenience and concealability weigh more on my decision than "firepower".

Consider YOUR needs for YOUR situation. Once that's done, pick the best option available.

IE J-frame in a pocket holster conceals well enough for my purposes, but if I were in an office setting every day, I'd really look into a smaller and flatter .380 semi-auto.

-J-

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    My "always" gun is an old Keltec P32 that I purchased a couple of years before they brought out the P3AT. It replaced a Beretta M 21A .22 LR. I carry it in either a Don Hume or DeSantis pocket holster. If an opportunity presents itself, I may acquire a Ruger LCP and try it. I have a good deal of confidence in the little P32 as so far it's proven itself to be 100% reliable with Hornady and Speer 60 gr. JHP's. POI is little different from the 71 to 73 gr. ball I use for practice at 7 yds and it's gratifyingly accurate, when I do my part correctly. My one gripe is that the trigger guard smacks my finger a bit in recoil, but it only becomes an issue when I'm running my standard set of 100 rd. practice drills.

In winter it's sometimes supplimented with a S&W 640-1 and a DeSantis Nemesis in a coat or jacket pocket. I load it with Federal Nyclad .38 Spl. +P 158 gr. HP's and carry two Bianchi Speed Strips in another pocket. At other times there's my beloved old Star M43 in 9x19 and an extra mag of 124 gr. Speer Gold Dots.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Smith and Wesson Bodygaurd 38 in a suede Bianchi Clip Holster.

Clip it on the belt, appendix position, 100% concealable.

Clip it on your pocket to run check the mail, or work outside, the grip is ready for a superfast draw.

Drop it INTO your pocket, the suede grips the lining and you can present it relativly fast.

I cant imagine a better solution.

I have no desire for a mag fed, gorrila triggered, .380 pocket auto. Too much to go wrong, not enough upside, and almost too small for me to get a decent grip on.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    I carry my P32 everyday when I work. Mostly on my day off if I'm not drinking. I love it. I'm left handed, so I have the lefty pocket clip for if I'm wearing basketball shorts or sweats, where I don't want it flopping around in my pocket, otherwise, its in my pocket and weighs just about the same as my cell phone in the other. I prefer the P32 over the P3At due to the extra round and the fact that it holds open on the last round.Plus it just seems a little more stream lined to me. Excellent little pistol.

McMark

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    I had a Keltec P-11 for several years and always enjoyed carrying that. It's a bit wide though. A friend of mine has a Ruger LCP that looks like a dream to carry. Don't take it apart though. I'm leaning towards the Ruger LCR.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I had a Keltec P-11 for several years and always enjoyed carrying that. It's a bit wide though. A friend of mine has a Ruger LCP that looks like a dream to carry. Don't take it apart though. I'm leaning towards the Ruger LCR.

Why don't take it apart? Never had trouble taking mine down...loved carrying my LCP until my wife decided she liked it. So went and got another one. Such a lightweight gun in the pocket. Stays put even when bicycling.

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    The ruger LCR is a great pocket gun. .38 special +P is much better then the .380 and being hammerless keeps it from snagging on a pocket while drawing it. The size and the weight make it look and feel like keys in a pocket. Just my 2 cents on it.

Top Bottom