• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strut70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    columbus
    I have a ruger lcp that i carry sometimes....Very nice gun and can be easily concealed
    also very accurate for its size

Last edited:

nwdezines

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thanks to everyone that has provided feedback. I'm amazed at the great points of view on this site. I think I have narrowed it down the the sig p238 or the walther ppk.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    For the price of the Sig 238 you could buy a Bersa Thunder Conceal Carry and a P3AT or Ruger LCP. The Bersa carries 2 more rounds than the Sig, is a pleasure to shoot, and is DA compared to the Sig's SAO. I would go for the Bersa over the Walther due to the Walther is known to bite the hand that feeds it. The Bersa is improved in design in that regard.

I have nothing against the SIG except the price for a 380. I am sure it is a great gun. It is closer in size to the P3AT but close to the weight of the Bersa (from what I can tell, might be wrong).

The P3AT and LCP are much more pocket guns but not fun to shoot.

My 2 cents.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've been very happy with my Diamondback DB380. It's a little more ergonomic than the LCP or Keltec. Also very Glock-like in its take-down.

IMG_1066.jpg

Rooster Cogburn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    MSG2 - Indianapolis
    For the price of the Sig 238 you could buy a Bersa Thunder Conceal Carry and a P3AT or Ruger LCP. The Bersa carries 2 more rounds than the Sig, is a pleasure to shoot, and is DA compared to the Sig's SAO. I would go for the Bersa over the Walther due to the Walther is known to bite the hand that feeds it. The Bersa is improved in design in that regard.

I have nothing against the SIG except the price for a 380. I am sure it is a great gun. It is closer in size to the P3AT but close to the weight of the Bersa (from what I can tell, might be wrong).

The P3AT and LCP are much more pocket guns but not fun to shoot.

My 2 cents.

I agree 100%...my Bersa 380 is a pleasure to shoot and to carry. Not quite a pocket gun as its a bit larger in frame. But for comfort in shooting and carry you can't go wrong here.

:rockwoot:

jdg0724

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Plainfield
    I really like my Kel Tec P3AT. Very lightweight and easy to conceal. So far, its also been very reliable. And at under $300, you cant go wrong in my opinion.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I would reccommend a Taurus TCP or Kahr P380. The LCP trigger pull is very long and it is not pleasant to shoot at all. If you are seriously thinking thinking LCP I would check out the Keltec 3AT which is pretty much the same thing expect it has a better trigger.

I had a TCP. Agree that it's not bad to shoot, but unfortunately mine would never feed reliably even after two trips back to Taurus. Main difference between LCP and 3AT is that you can lock the slide open on the LCP. Seems like it would be difficult to clear a jam on the 3AT. I never noticed much difference between the triggers on TCP, LCP, and 3AT. My LCP has been very reliable.

Personally, since there are is no safety on any of these guns, I would prefer a long hard trigger pull. And none of them are fun to shoot, but they aren't intended to be fun.

Also, if you carry in a pocket holster, be sure to clean and shoot the gun at least once a month to keep it from getting full of lint.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I have a TCP with wallet style holster, love that little gun. But its kind of a handfull, its not really a plinking gun, although I try to practice with it at least a few times a month

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    You want the best? Sig P 238, you'll not go wrong!!!!! I see so many saying LCP but mine went back 3 times and I finally sold it. Maybe I got a lemon? The Sig has been flawless..

Last edited:

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As noted, a few of the .380s are just flat painful to shoot. However, if you have no intention of using it for a range gun, that does not count. However, I want to be able to shoot mine now and then, and do so without knowing I'm going to hurt myself. Having said that, I would pass on the KelTec and Taurus.

I would also pass on the Kahr P380, right now. They are having significant QC problems with their P380, with some going back 3 and 4 times. While I think the Bersa is an excellent pistol for the money, it is not a pocket gun; neither is the Walther.

The end game kinda puts you in a higher price for a pocket pistol. As mentioned the Sig P238 is hugely popular and I know some folks are waiting patiently (well not really) for the colt to come out. Good luck.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I have 2 P3At's and like them. I think spending a lot of money on a Sig is pointless but to each his own. My Keltecs run fine and wouldnt trade Either of them even for a Sig.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    The end game kinda puts you in a higher price for a pocket pistol. As mentioned the Sig P238 is hugely popular and I know some folks are waiting patiently (well not really) for the colt to come out. Good luck.

The Colt is out.

I've seen one at Plainfield and one yesterday at Family Indoor (Pops).

I hate to say it but it feels better in my hand than my Sig P238. I like the more rounded grip. Otherwise they are almost identical. I won't part with the Sig though, mine has been flawless and is an easy shooter.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    my vote is for the Diamondback D380. Is has actual sights and it significantly more comfortable to hold than most other pocket guns.
    We seem to be in the minority here, but I agree. Comfortable to shoot as well. The grip sits lower in the hand, making the recoil very manageable. Very accurate little gun too. :yesway:

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    148   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    Smith & Wessons Bodyguard 380 gets my vote. I've got larger hands and found the LCP to have an odd trigger pull. The BG380 felt more comfortable and was more accurate. It comes with a laser already installed and runs just under $400.

Top Bottom