• ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Cliff notes?

Folks were concerned with perceived uneven enforcement of the rules. They overwhelmingly motioned for a clear line in the sand and total transparency. They are now enjoying the benefits of that request.
    The only ways to equally apply a rule are to either totally abandon it or replace discretion with "zero tolerance".

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Cliff notes?

Members: We don't like the way things are run.
    Mods: What don't you like?
    Members: We want absolutely equal enforcement of the rules across the board, and no more 'Moderator discretion'.
    Mods: Ok, but you're not gonna like it.
    Members: Give it to us!
    Mods: Ok.

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Members: We don't like the way things are run.
    Mods: What don't you like?
    Members: We want absolutely equal enforcement of the rules across the board, and no more 'Moderator discretion'.
    Mods: Ok, but you're not gonna like it.
    Members: Give it to us!
    Mods: Ok.

That pretty much sums it up.

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Folks were concerned with perceived uneven enforcement of the rules. They overwhelmingly motioned for a clear line in the sand and total transparency. They are now enjoying the benefits of that request.
    The only ways to equally apply a rule are to either totally abandon it or replace discretion with "zero tolerance".

There needs to be something you can do when a blatant false misleading classified ad is posted. Other than "caveat emptor" as I was told. That is BS.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I dunno... I like this thread. I guess because I just imagine VUPD sitting at his desk reading them saying "seriously?" and it's a funny mental image.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I dunno... I like this thread. I guess because I just imagine VUPD sitting at his desk reading them saying "seriously?" and it's a funny mental image.

VUPDBlue is far too busy and important for that. He has his secretary do it.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    VUPDBlue is far too busy and important for that. He has his secretary do it.

Oh. Well I only had Que and VUPD to choose from, and Nick is funny and animated.

I still like the thread.

(for the record, it wasn't because I wanted VUPD to be frustrated, it was just sort of "cartoony" in my head)

VaGriller

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2010
    Avon
    Do you have a suggestion?

Its the whole draw the line in the sand. There still needs to be some gray.

If I see my stolen gun posted for sale on INGO. Do I tell INGO before I call the police? Or should we just assume all guns posted are stolen IE "Caveat emptor"

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

If I see my stolen gun posted for sale on INGO. Do I tell INGO before I call the police? Or should we just assume all guns posted are stolen IE "Caveat emptor"

I would call the police and let them handle it. Their sting ops teams are probably better than ingo's... :dunno:

VUPDblue

Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

No, there doesn't have to be any gray. INGO is not responsible for the content of any ad. We are not the item police, nor do we have any desire to be. We are merely a place to list your item for sale. As long as the item is not illegal to buy/sell/possess, we don't care how it gets represented. That's between the buyer and seller, and also why we have a feedback section.

Top Bottom