• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    So what does the infraction look like on your user cp? I am just curious if it is always on there for you or what? Just curious:D

They all stay there where you can see them (actually, I know i have gotten more than what are there, so maybe some do go off the screen, kinda like your rep comments). some like the "inappropriate language" infractions when they expire turn to status: private
    and you can no longer click on it to see what you got it for. but I never forget :D
    Others like the "insulter other member" infractions remain where you can click on the link to the post.
    and you can always see which mod gave it to you on all of them.
    I got one from someone named danielocean. not sure who that is but he's on there :D

ive only actually been "shocked" about 2 infractions ive ever received. all the rest I pretty much knew were coming. I try not to intentionally get them anymore.

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sorry, the mod that infracted me wouldn't respond to my PM.

They shouldn't have to. The reason for your infraction would be listed on your infraction PM.

An example infraction:
    Dear XXXXXXX,

You have received an infraction at INGunOwners.

Reason: Classified Ads Rules Violation
    -------
    3. After your ad has been up for 24 hours you may bump it once in a 24-hour period. This means that no less than 24 hours after the last post in the thread, you may add a "bump" to allow your post to come back to the top to be noticed. DO NOT try to get around this by posting "replied to all PMs" or something similar. If a potential buyer asks a question, you may ONLY answer it in your original post or as your 24 hour bump. Remember you may only bump it 24 hours after the last post. If your item is SPF(sold pending funds) you must edit your first/original post to state that but do NOT bump your ad.
    -------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Quote:
    Your Post Here

All the best,
    INGunOwners

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Was your PM to the mod in question polite, or should it have been posted along with VUPDBlue's other PM's? I wasn't the one who infracted you, but I can tell you that I generally don't respond to members who PM me with wild accusations, cursing, and name-calling.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    So it looks like being NHV is against the rules.

Nothing to see here, move along folks. :)

So you really think that's why he's no longer here? REALLY? I'm curious to know if that's really what you think, or if you're just trolling.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    So it looks like being NHV is against the rules.

You still didn't answer the question.

Yes, insults are against the rules. Therefore, what you received was appropriate, regardless of who the person you insulted is/was.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I *sometimes* reply to irate PMs but more often than not I ignore them. To me, it's black and white. The rule says one thing and you (the implied you) did another. There's not much room for debate.

My favorite is when someone gets an infraction for bumping their ad early. They'll bump it, say 19 hours, after it is posted and I'll give them an infraction. Then I'll get a crappy PM about how they are busy and they wouldn't be able to get online again for another 20 hours so now I'm doing them an injustice by not applying the rules to THEM because it's inconvenient for them to follow the rules in the first place. :rolleyes:

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I have two classifieds rules violations.

The other two are for language. Those, I think are bull****. The reason is this: I used the word "asshat" (didn't think that was strong language, but the language filter was supposedly on) and referred to myself as a "fat ****" right now who needs to lose some weight.

Here, I type without editing myself a whole lot with regard to language, as I really just don't swear a whole lot. If I do, it's for effect and adds to the strength of the message, even if it's filtered out later: It is a foundation on which to build. It's a trick used in English composition.

The filter happened to get flicked off and my swearing (read "trick for the sake of literature") was shown. I got infractions.

I have no idea whether the swear words I quoted will show up. A quoted swear word is not usually edited, as it is simply someone's words repeated for the sake of reference. However, I have no idea whether this is true here.

All I personally ask for is consistency, and that new members not be made to hunt for the rules. I still have trouble finding them, and I've been here for a couple, few years.

That's really all I have to say on the subject.

Josh

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    All I personally ask for is consistency, and that new members not be made to hunt for the rules. I still have trouble finding them, and I've been here for a couple, few years.

Josh

The rules of the classifieds are stickied at the top of EVERY ONE of the classifieds subforums. They could not possibly be easier to find.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have two classifieds rules violations.

Yep, saw those.

The other two are for language.

Correct.

I used the word "asshat"

Correct again. In a thread title.

referred to myself as a "fat ****" right now who needs to lose some weight.

You never received an infraction for a line such as that.

The filter happened to get flicked off and my swearing (read "trick for the sake of literature") was shown. I got infractions.

As those were way back in '09, I believe they were 'pre-filter'. The rules as they were written back then were very strict in regards to language.

Today the rule is "Spell it out". Type what you want to say and the filter will do the rest. If its not in the filter, its not prohibited. The only time someone will receive an infraction for language is if they attempt to circumvent the filter by using alternate characters.

I still have trouble finding them, and I've been here for a couple, few years.

Links to all the rules are located directly below, in my signature (and every other Mod's signature as well).

Top Bottom