• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well, according to texas law...

Just kidding. In some states, you are required to register your firearms. In Indiana, however, there is no such thing as a firearm registry, unless you have Class III or SBR type stuff.

Going from memory, TX law requires you to show proficiency with a revolver or pistol for you permit. If you test with a revolver that is all you can carry, if you test with a pistol you can carry either.

The county Las Vegas is in, does require that you test with the handgun you carry. And you are limited to 3 I think. And you must test with the exact handgun you are going to carry.

Kirk, Rhino does not owe you ammo for the above. I never said those are the laws in IN.

And IN doesn't have a firearm registry for class 3 stuff. That is Fed.

Michigan, until two years ago, had a required "safety check" on every new handgun you purchase. It was a thinly-veiled registration scheme, of course. It's no longer required.

Scutter, I'm not sure that is exactly correct. IIRC you only had to have the "safety check" on handguns you were going to carry.

All of my guns are made from chocolate.
    I didn't know you jumped on the Glock chocolate bandwagon.
    glock.jpg

And you fellas keep wondering how to get women more involved.

Money and jewelry?:D

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    since "qualify" was mentioned i'm going to thread jack here:hijack: A budy told me that to carry in IN you have to "Qualify" with your weapon. He said this is as simple as carrying around a target that you shot. I have never heard of this and told him that other states, i.e. Texas, do require you to demonstrate proficiency with your weapon. But Indiana does not require this. Please let me know if I am right or wrong.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    since "qualify" was mentioned i'm going to thread jack here:hijack: A budy told me that to carry in IN you have to "Qualify" with your weapon. He said this is as simple as carrying around a target that you shot. I have never heard of this and told him that other states, i.e. Texas, do require you to demonstrate proficiency with your weapon. But Indiana does not require this. Please let me know if I am right or wrong.
    No quals required.....

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008

Have your buddy show that provision in the Indiana Code.

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    A common misconception. I know a few people who own firearms but are not big into them who keep telling me "It's not registered or anything." I keep telling them there is no such thing.

bobn911

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Edwardsburg, MI
    Just to clarify, in Michigan, we still have handgun registration. As Scutter says, it was called a 'safety check'. We used to take every handgun sold or transfered to the police or sheriff's dept so it could be 'safety checked'. We no longer have to do that, now we have to mail the paper work to the police or sheriff. Hopefully all that will go away soon. Later, Bob

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Rules to always remember (to forget).

It's illegal to carry your gun loaded, always keep your gun concealed, cause OC is illegal in the US, make sure your guns are registered and always keep your qualification target in your wallet next to your CC permit. And Hi-Points are the cream of the crop.

:D

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    I had a neighbor rant to me about how my buying a handgun in a FTF sale was illegal and that I had to register it.:rolleyes:

He's the same guy who went on about the superiority of his G23 over my 19 because "9mm won't go through auto glass." :laugh: I need to ask him where he registered his fo-tay.
    i thought you had to have class iii for full auto glass.

AndersonIN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Anderson, IN
    I had a neighbor rant to me about how my buying a handgun in a FTF sale was illegal and that I had to register it.:rolleyes:

He's the same guy who went on about the superiority of his G23 over my 19 because "9mm won't go through auto glass." :laugh: I need to ask him where he registered his fo-tay.

THAT'S WHY you don't have to register your 19 because it "can't shoot through glass!"!!! :laugh:

A "FO_TAY" owner!!!

:popcorn:

Top Bottom