• ...and so much more!
  • r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    Was it just me or was PSS missing at the 1500? I can't remember them missing any shows in the past. As an aside, for those who think buying something at the 1500 is a bargain, don't forget to add in the $17.00 service charge - you know, $5 to park and $12 to get in.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I wonder why? They've done so well at the shows I have a hard time believing they come close to that revenue staying at the shop.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I talked to Brian from Indy Trading Post at the show yesterday, and he's thinking of dropping the show too. He said he only brought about a third of his inventory this time. He normally brought most of what he had in the shop, but said the last couple of shows haven't really been worth all the effort that goes into it. Said the shop has been packed, but business at the show has been down.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    A lot of extra effort and cost I'm guessing, when people will seek them out at their own store due to their reputation.

Kirkd

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Greenwood
    I talked to Brian from Indy Trading Post at the show yesterday, and he's thinking of dropping the show too. He said he only brought about a third of his inventory this time. He normally brought most of what he had in the shop, but said the last couple of shows haven't really been worth all the effort that goes into it. Said the shop has been packed, but business at the show has been down.

I have a funny feeling that the 2 shows earlier in the year and the fact the some dealers still seem to be delusional about what their goods are worth, have led a lot of people to stay home. I mean, who wants to pay $5 for parking plus $12 for admission, when yoy could walk into bradis or another local gun store and get a better deal??? I remember the time when you went to the 1500 to get a good deal. I must admit though that I went to the past show to get reloading supplies, which I did, because frankly, These supllies have not been avail locally.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I stopped in Bradis on my way home from the show on Saturday.
    They seemed to be busy when I was there.
    During the last show, they had their customer appreciation day and was quite busy when I was there.
    I'm not sure what incentive they would have to go to the show.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I stopped in Bradis on my way home from the show on Saturday.
    They seemed to be busy when I was there.
    During the last show, they had their customer appreciation day and was quite busy when I was there.
    I'm not sure what incentive they would have to go to the show.

FWIW, we have never attended gun shows, and most likely never will.

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I'll be honest...if I can find it locally, I wont need to go to the 1500.....but, with the availability of certain items I am looking for, I was forced to go....However, I kinda cheated a bit, and used a free admittance pass I was given by a vendor that I know.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Considering the number of tables that Plainfield had, about 16 or so, at about $100 per table, not to mention the cost of travelling to the show, there is enough expense to cover that it just isn't worth it considering the small markup on new firearms. Not worth it anymore. Indy 1500 is pricing themselves out of business, probably with help from high fees by the fair grounds, by making it too expensive for sellers, and with door costs beyond reason, just not worth going to anymore.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    i would love it if they indy1500 moved to a different location. I'm tired of driving to the hood for the largest show in the state 4-5 times a year.
    I still go because there are a lot of guns and supplies of all types in one location and it's fun walking around for hours in a gun-stuff rich environment with my friends and family.
    Actually found a couple pretty good deals this time around.
    - go on Friday.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    I dont blame Bob at Plainfield for not participating in the 1500. He usually has some of the best prices at the show, and buyers can get the same good prices at his store. The cost of the 1500 to a vendor is substantial, not to mention 3 solid days of being on your feet and transporting all the stock. I prefer to spend less than the $17 on gas and just go to Bobs store for my purchases.
    I agree that the Indy 1500 may be pricing themselves out of business, but we shall see.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    My guess is the promoter is getting greedy. If the price of admission keeps rising,the cost for dealer tables must be also.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I dont blame Bob at Plainfield for not participating in the 1500. He usually has some of the best prices at the show, and buyers can get the same good prices at his store.
    Like a couple shows ago, when he had Pmags for $100 at the show and wouldn't sell them AT ALL to customers in the store!?
    yeah, GREAT DEAL!!!:laugh::n00b:

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    203   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think all the endless threads here on INGO about the 1500, are helping kill the attendance at the 1500. I have not gone to a show since last Oct.
    I missed this last one, and probably did not miss much. I don't blame Bob or other dealers for that matter, for not setting up.

Top Bottom