• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Ok, went in because I was in the neighborhood on business & hadn't been there before, didn't plan to buy anything just kill a little time & see what they had.

He played the godfather & made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a minirevolver. Had to come back after my appointment, I believe I was in & out in about 7 minutes on the 2nd visit, paperwork & all.

Now, I have to go back when I have more time & in the area again to see what they have.

Last edited:

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Be careful out there....PSS can be an addicting habit. I should know...I've bought there 5 times this year.....and, and, and...the year is not over....:dunno:

gklatv

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Visited PSS for the 1st time this early afternoon - great store, hard to leave.:):
    They had the handgun I was looking for and the price was the best in town by almost 10%. The store was busy, but service was quick and friendly.

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    Stopped by there on sat 3 nov. just to look at ar's just in case obama gets in and pushed the ban thru. picked up a smith&wesson M&P 15. i then saw a springfiled TRP in black, Bob said he had a previously sold new and never fired stainless he would take a good chunk of change off. thanks to my wife we got both. we got a ruger gp100 6" a few months back. they are great guys there one in all.
    IMG_5563.jpg

IMG_5562.jpg

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I actually will never buy anything from them. Ever. the very first time I went in there they we not helpful at all. And have always been rude to me, when they are friendly to other people in the store(especially women). I've been in there a couple more times sense and every experience has been bad.

My GF was looking for some blue dye to temp. reblue a gun, and the old guy (right after he was done saying that Glock was the best gun they had) said that the blue dye they had was also the best dye you could buy. So my GF bought it, put it on her gun and a couple days later, the gun was rusting on the spots that she put the blue on.

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    The best prices around, advice when asked, excellent deals on trading for an upgrade.... What's not to like about dealing with PSS?

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I actually will never buy anything from them. Ever. the very first time I went in there they we not helpful at all. And have always been rude to me, when they are friendly to other people in the store(especially women). I've been in there a couple more times sense and every experience has been bad.

My GF was looking for some blue dye to temp. reblue a gun, and the old guy (right after he was done saying that Glock was the best gun they had) said that the blue dye they had was also the best dye you could buy. So my GF bought it, put it on her gun and a couple days later, the gun was rusting on the spots that she put the blue on.

Seriously? You must have pretty thin skin. The guys in that shop are great and the prices are hard to beat. Maybe that's why PSS was one of the top gun shops voted on by INGO members. :twocents:

JeepArn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Avon
    The best prices around, advice when asked, excellent deals on trading for an upgrade.... What's not to like about dealing with PSS?

:thumbsup: couldn't agree more. Made two purchases there this week alone and have made many more earlier this year great shop and love to hear "Bob" stories. Great times.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side

My GF was looking for some blue dye to temp. reblue a gun, and the old guy (right after he was done saying that Glock was the best gun they had) said that the blue dye they had was also the best dye you could buy. So my GF bought it, put it on her gun and a couple days later, the gun was rusting on the spots that she put the blue on.[/QUOTE

Well, that's what blueing solution is supposed to do. It is basically a controlled rusting process. Did she wash it off with cold water after waiting the recomended time and then polish the area? Re-peat if necessary. After polish/buffing the affected area gun oil should be applied and re-applied if necessary. AS far as your feelings about PSS go. I am sorry you feel this way when so many are very happy with their service. They must have been having a bad day. I'd give them another shot.

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    AS far as your feelings about PSS go. I am sorry you feel this way when so many are very happy with their service. They must have been having a bad day. I'd give them another shot.

Thats just it, After my first bad experience, more bad experiences followed. This is the only gun shop that I've been to that I don't want to go back.

I don't care about prices that much when it comes to buying from different gun shops. If one gun shop treats me better but they are a little more expensive. I will always go to that shop.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That's the good thing about America. If you don't like someplace just go someplace else. I've been guying guns from Bob since he sold them out of the closet in his apartment, and that was a long time ago! He's always treated me fairly and if he doesn't want to do something he tells ya. No ***** footin around or BS like I've seen in some other shops. ;)

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Last weekend my dad bought a Colt Government Model in .38 SuperAuto (For some reason I always want to shout THOOPERAUTO!!!) from Bob. The sticker price was something like 865. Dad traded a used pistol (selling there new for 850-ish) and $100.00. We both thought it was a great deal.

I bought my EOTech from Bob a couple of years ago for the same price I saw online (less...no shipping).

Actually, now that I think about it I bought my Colt Government Model (in .45ACP) from Bob.

Dad got his Series 80 Colt Match from Bob. I bought a Sig Mosquito there. My Henry Golden Boy came from Bob. I'm pretty sure that's where my Sig226 followed me home.

I wouldn't keep going back if I didn't like the way I have been treated, time and time again.

Oh, yeah...my Beretta 92FS. That came from Bob too.

Give him another try. I'll go with you!

-Paul

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    My favorite shop. You just have to get to know Bob. I've told him before when he asked if there was anything he could help me with "No, I just came for the show today". He always laughs. Best prices too if you shop around.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I've bought a number of guns there. The owner is a no-bull**** kind of guy and can be kind of crusty at times but his advice is good and his prices are better. Try it again, I've found the only place I won't give a second chance is Don's.

Nacho Man

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Hamilton County
    I bought three guns from them. Ar, xd9, & a 1911. I ask to see the gun, they hand it to me, & leave me alone to check it out. It's led to three ill take it's. Good prices. It was the first gunshop I visited when I moved to Indiana. PSS was recommended by a co worker.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Last weekend my dad bought a Colt Government Model in .38 SuperAuto

-Paul

Hey, I wanted that gun! Lol. I looked at it last week and was trying to come up with a trade for it. No worries, there will be another one. Bob almost talked me out of my watch for an M1A Socom16. He's a good guy to deal with and knows his stuff. :twocents:

Top Bottom