Places that Will Happily Kick you Out for Carrying...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    My Branch Bank just installed a metal detector, and a HUGE sign indicating no guns allowed. Was not real happy about it at first, but the chance of having to defend myself in that branch is pretty minute now. The only problem is leaving my gun unattended in my truck.

Best Wishes,
    Tom

The other problem is that you are unarmed going into and out of the bank.

Gun free zones have been shown time and again to be dangerous; even deadly. I do my best to never be in a zone free of firearms.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    What stores are notorious for it anyway? I have probably OCed in most of them and contrary to popular belief I rarely get hassled... :laugh:

Oh sure!!! And I suppose you were just minding your own business trying to enjoy a pleasant afternoon at the zoo with your family when suddenly out of nowhere the sheep protection squad swooped down and made a big deal out of something that should have been a non-issue? RIGHT?:xmad:

Oh wait. . . . . . . .that's what happened. . . . .never mind.:cool::laugh:

Hadley1987

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Warrick County, IN
    Hmm... maybe it is just certain stores around here, maybe it is certain people who freak out the moment they see your gun whether it was meant to be CC or OC. Maybe it's just certain days, good days or bad days:)

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    My Branch Bank just installed a metal detector, and a HUGE sign indicating no guns allowed. Was not real happy about it at first, but the chance of having to defend myself in that branch is pretty minute now. The only problem is leaving my gun unattended in my truck.

Best Wishes,
    Tom
    PNC on Washington & High School just did the metal detail detector/person trap but did not put any signs up. I went in there, walked through set it off and they just all looked at me. Realized I forgot one of the checks I was depositing and walked back out and then back in, setting it off again and nobody said a word.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011

Best Wishes,
    Tom
    PNC on Washington & High School just did the metal detector/person trap but did not put any signs up. I went in there, walked through set it off and they just all looked at me. Realized I forgot one of the checks I was depositing and walked back out and then back in, setting it off again and nobody said a word.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    PNC on Washington & High School just did the metal detail detector/person trap but did not put any signs up. I went in there, walked through set it off and they just all looked at me. Realized I forgot one of the checks I was depositing and walked back out and then back in, setting it off again and nobody said a word.
    Those things are a clear 4th amendment violation. Whenever I can go around them I do, if there is space between them and the door I will try and squeeze throw. (which is easier now that I have lost 65 lbs)

I once had a security guard ask me what I was doing. I said I never gave consent to be searched.

He just gave me "the look" and decided to let me go on my way.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana

Best Wishes,
    Tom

I'd find a new bank... after carrying into it and telling them why if they told me I couldn't carry.

I've OCed into my bank before... normally I purposefully cover up going into a bank (personal preference) but I figured I'd give it a go once, just because I was already walking up the sidewalk.

Anyway, back on topic... there are a boatload of banks out there, why would you give them your money? It doesn't make any sense.

Costco I can see, costco doesn't have any acceptable competition to me, samsclub doesn't even come close.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Those things are a clear 4th amendment violation. Whenever I can go around them I do, if there is space between them and the door I will try and squeeze throw. (which is easier now that I have lost 65 lbs)

I once had a security guard ask me what I was doing. I said I never gave consent to be searched.

He just gave me "the look" and decided to let me go on my way.

You aren't getting around this one, it's a glass room you go through to enter and exit. The door isn't supposed to get a green light until someone inside hits a button to allow you in. The day I went in the door was green. The only sign says one person at a time.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    You aren't getting around this one, it's a glass room you go through to enter and exit. The door isn't supposed to get a green light until someone inside hits a button to allow you in. The day I went in the door was green. The only sign says one person at a time.
    Start carrying a Glock cause everybody knows they don't set off metal detectors...lol

fenderpbass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Evansville
    I've concealed carried at Walmarts in Evansville with a 45 as well as a 38 on different ocassions without any problem. Also in a lot of other businesses as well.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Their property their rules.

I was going to say that as well but I am trying to cut back on the amount of internet arguments I get in at one time...

They really dig in to a guy's cuddle time! :D
    Hi TF,

You and I usually agree but on this I do not. If I am walking out of a Wal-Mart and someone says I need to see your receipt and your purchases (Which happens quite a lot at Wal-Mart.

My standard answer is "No, I do not consent to be searched." I have used this line going around those detectors (when I can fit between them and the wall).

I am not rude when I say it. I say it in a professional manner and I try and be friendly when I am talking to them.

One lady told me she wasn't searching me she was just verifying my purchases. Now I try not and argue with the people at the door because I know it is not them that set policy. But I will take time to explain the meaning of the word search.

One time a manager was down there and he repeated the "verify your purchases" line and I told him no thank-you I verified them myself at the check-out line.

Someone else at another store pointed to the sign that said "We reserve the right to inspect all bags." I just tell them there is no such right just store policy.

It has never turned into an ugly situation. I had one manager ask me if I didn't have anything to hide why didn't I let them look. When I asked for his address he had the "what?" look on his face. I told him well if you have nothing to hide why can't I come into your home and verify everything in your home?

I hate those straw man arguments of "nothing to hide"

Regardless of where I am at I do not allow people to search me or my belongings without a search warrant. Now I should be cautious of that because I know someone may ask me about court houses like when I got a ticket in Michigan by one of the craziest police officers I have ever met and I had to go to the court house and get my licence back. Yes I had to consent to the search and yes I fly and have to consent to the search becaue I am not swimming to Peru.

But unless we push back where we can our rights will be eroded more and more.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Hi TF,

You and I usually agree but on this I do not. If I am walking out of a Wal-Mart and someone says I need to see your receipt and your purchases (Which happens quite a lot at Wal-Mart.

My standard answer is "No, I do not consent to be searched." I have used this line going around those detectors (when I can fit between them and the wall).

I am not rude when I say it. I say it in a professional manner and I try and be friendly when I am talking to them.

One lady told me she wasn't searching me she was just verifying my purchases. Now I try not and argue with the people at the door because I know it is not them that set policy. But I will take time to explain the meaning of the word search.

One time a manager was down there and he repeated the "verify your purchases" line and I told him no thank-you I verified them myself at the check-out line.

Someone else at another store pointed to the sign that said "We reserve the right to inspect all bags." I just tell them there is no such right just store policy.

It has never turned into an ugly situation. I had one manager ask me if I didn't have anything to hide why didn't I let them look. When I asked for his address he had the "what?" look on his face. I told him well if you have nothing to hide why can't I come into your home and verify everything in your home?

I hate those straw man arguments of "nothing to hide"

Regardless of where I am at I do not allow people to search me or my belongings without a search warrant. Now I should be cautious of that because I know someone may ask me about court houses like when I got a ticket in Michigan by one of the craziest police officers I have ever met and I had to go to the court house and get my licence back. Yes I had to consent to the search and yes I fly and have to consent to the search becaue I am not swimming to Peru.

But unless we push back where we can our rights will be eroded more and more.

You have until Colt goes to bed and then you're cutting in to my cuddle time ;)

We aren't exactly disagreeing on this just on the reasoning. Its not the fourth amendment that protects you. Its really just your personal space and you ability to use their property. They could kick you out but most of the time you are already done with your transactions before you are confronted. The other times they just don't say anything when you climb over their scanners lol.

I've never even been asked to be searched but when I was a kid I was always terrified of being accused of a crime like shoplifting. I'm not really sure how I would handle it now.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    You have until Colt goes to bed and then you're cutting in to my cuddle time ;)

We aren't exactly disagreeing on this just on the reasoning. Its not the fourth amendment that protects you. Its really just your personal space and you ability to use their property. They could kick you out but most of the time you are already done with your transactions before you are confronted. The other times they just don't say anything when you climb over their scanners lol.

I've never even been asked to be searched but when I was a kid I was always terrified of being accused of a crime like shoplifting. I'm not really sure how I would handle it now.
    I meant the their store their rules part. I don't whose store it is they are not searching me, verifying my purchases or anything else were I submit to them in their search.

HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I know this really cool hobby shop on the east side of Evansville. Very pro-carry. I recommend everyone stop in and spend lots of money.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    I meant the their store their rules part. I don't whose store it is they are not searching me, verifying my purchases or anything else were I submit to them in their search.

One store that actually checks everyone's purchases is Fry's Electronics, as you exit they count the number of items, then mark your receipt with a pink sharpie... I'm quit interested in what they'd say if you didn't allow then to check your items :dunno:

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    One store that actually checks everyone's purchases is Fry's Electronics, as you exit they count the number of items, then mark your receipt with a pink sharpie... I'm quit interested in what they'd say if you didn't allow then to check your items :dunno:
    They could tell me not to come back which is their right as much as it is my right to say no to them inspecting my bags.

Just because they do something doesn't mean you have to let them do it.

Top Bottom