• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    i typed in school, definition of a school, day care, stand alone daycare, carry at a school, carry at a day care, and a bunch of other crap. is there a faq for using the faq?

Are you looking at the INGO FAQ or the vBulletin FAQ? Because the word "school" appears in the INGO FAQ lots of times. Try using the link to the INGO FAQ in my sig line.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    Yes, you can find it in the INGO FAQ. ;)

INGO has a FAQ???? :bash:

IC 35-41-1-24.7
    "School property" defined
    Sec. 24.7. "School property" means the following:
    (1) A building or other structure owned or rented by:
    (A) a school corporation;
    (B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC 12-17.2 or IC 31-27;
    (C) a private school that is not supported and maintained by funds realized from the imposition of a tax on property, income, or sales; or
    (D) a federal, state, local, or nonprofit program or service operated to serve, assist, or otherwise benefit children who are at least three (3) years of age and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, including the following:
    (i) A Head Start program under 42 U.S.C. 9831 et seq.
    (ii) A special education preschool program.
    (iii) A developmental child care program for preschool children.
    (2) The grounds adjacent to and owned or rented in common with a building or other structure described in subdivision (1).

so it sounds like the Daycare I use, that has no one over 18months, doesn't fit that criteria and is good to go.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    IC 35-41-1-24.7
    "School property" defined
    Sec. 24.7. "School property" means the following:
    (1) A building or other structure owned or rented by:
    (A) a school corporation;
    (B) an entity that is required to be licensed under IC 12-17.2 or IC 31-27;
    (C) a private school that is not supported and maintained by funds realized from the imposition of a tax on property, income, or sales; or
    (D) a federal, state, local, or nonprofit program or service operated to serve, assist, or otherwise benefit children who are at least three (3) years of age and not yet enrolled in kindergarten, including the following:
    (i) A Head Start program under 42 U.S.C. 9831 et seq.
    (ii) A special education preschool program.
    (iii) A developmental child care program for preschool children.
    (2) The grounds adjacent to and owned or rented in common with a building or other structure described in subdivision (1).

so it sounds like the Daycare I use, that has no one over 18months, doesn't fit that criteria and is good to go.

You posted the right law but you used the wrong subsection to define "daycare"

See subsection 1(B) above:

IC 12-7-2-28.2
    Child care
    Sec. 28.2. "Child care", for purposes of IC 12-17.2, means a service that provides for the care, health, safety, and supervision of a child's social, emotional, and educational growth.
    As added by P.L.20-1992, SEC.7 and P.L.81-1992, SEC.7. Amended by P.L.1-1993, SEC.71; P.L.145-2006, SEC.38.

See also IC 31-27.

From these two you'll find that even some place that is what is commonly called "daycare" is considered a school property for restriction of firearms.

Even if they don't have anyone over 18 months old.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    You posted the right law but you used the wrong subsection to define "daycare"

See subsection 1(B) above:

[/B]

See also IC 31-27.

From these two you'll find that even some place that is what is commonly called "daycare" is considered a school property for restriction of firearms.

Even if they don't have anyone over 18 months old.

Wow. I have been educated. I haven't been carrying there but was going to start. :ingo: FTW.

Thanks buddy!

Top Bottom