Picked Up My First Handgun At Bradis Today!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    In the woods behind my house. Next time I'm going to a range.

Carefull! KNOW YOUR BACK STOP AND WHAT IS BEHIND IT! The four rules are always in play!

Yeah, I'm fairly certain I've become an "addict" now. It's a disease I need treatment!.....................just not now

There is no treatment! The best you can hope to do is keep it from spreading. Just wait until you start looking into 1911s, then Sigs, then CZs then revolvers..... It never stops, and you wont want it to. ;)

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    There is no treatment! The best you can hope to do is keep it from spreading. Just wait until you start looking into 1911s, then Sigs, then CZs then revolvers..... It never stops, and you wont want it to. ;)

Yeah there's some hills behind the house that I use as my backstop.

If that's true then I've probably started an epidemic. Think that movie Night of the Living Dead, but instead of a plague of zombies its gun nuts..............and zombies

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana
    Congrats on your purchase. Pretty aggressive caliber choice for the first gun but as mentioned earlier you will get the hang of it.

...after becoming proficient with that firearm shooting a 9mm will feel about like a .22 :)

joshualee49

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 12, 2012
    Gas City, Indiana

I can second that one. I started with an XDm 9mm, then got an Interarms PPK, then an LC9 for the misses, and most recently my first 1911.

Now I want a CZ SP01 Phantom, a Sig 226, a Ruger Mark II, a S&W 6906, a Kimber Eclipse in 10mm, and a Ruger SP101.....

Oh, and a Colt Python... :rockwoot:

Here's hoping I win the NRA sweepstakes... :ar15::ar15:

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    I would recommend a .22 rifle very early. You can't go wrong with a 10/22. It will be the cheapest to shoot and you can afford to shoot it a bunch. Go to an Appleseed and really learn how to shoot long gun.

There is a reason why the first gun is often a .22. It will give you many hunting options as well.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I can second that one. I started with an XDm 9mm, then got an Interarms PPK, then an LC9 for the misses, and most recently my first 1911.

Now I want a CZ SP01 Phantom, a Sig 226, a Ruger Mark II, a S&W 6906, a Kimber Eclipse in 10mm, and a Ruger SP101.....

Oh, and a Colt Python... :rockwoot:

Here's hoping I win the NRA sweepstakes... :ar15::ar15:

Let's see I want a Mossberg 500 Persuader, an AR, AK, Mini-14, 1911, Sig P226, flamethrower, M1 Abrams, and.............every gun used in WWII. Oh, and the gun that Dirty Harry uses.

PKendall317

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I would recommend a .22 rifle very early. You can't go wrong with a 10/22. It will be the cheapest to shoot and you can afford to shoot it a bunch. Go to an Appleseed and really learn how to shoot long gun.

There is a reason why the first gun is often a .22. It will give you many hunting options as well.

I actually own two .22 rifles, both of which my Dad bought back when you could buy that kind of thing at Sears. Ones a Marlin Model 60 that I need to get a few parts for before its back in workin order, and the other is an old Stevens model that isn't made anymore, but still shoots good.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    , and the gun that Dirty Harry uses.

S&W model 29

Harry_Callahan.jpg

Do you feel lucky?

cory nigra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    thats a great gun enjoy shooting it. hope the staff at bradis was as good to u as they have been to me

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    PKendall317, you live out in mooresville right? If so a little trip west on 70 will take you to Brazil and there is a nice range out there (out door) called PROTEQ.US Don the owner is a cranky old fella, but you follow his rules on his land, pay your 20 bucks, and youll get no hassles from anyone. I shoot there and for me its worth the hour 1/2 drive. Don has his rules posted on the range and most of it is braindead stuff. But for 20 bucks for a year and some steel plates...im sold. Might wanna give it a look.
    As for Bradis....Ive never been given anything but the absolute best there. Even my first trip in there was a good one. Friendly folks and i thoroughly enjoy talking to DAVE when i need AR help or need some one to go on one of my "Goose Chase" purchase ventures (since i never seem to want whats on the shelf...or easily obtained for that matter). Congrats on your purchase...it wont be your last.

Top Bottom