• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    Seriously, That is fair during such a shortage. I think every store needs to implement it, at least tempararily, till this shortage goes away if it does. It allows people, who otherwise wouldnt get any ammo because it got swooped up by the first guy to see it, to get some. Although joe blow might just leave for a while, and come back for more. Its unreal how everyone is sooooo freaked out, they have to stockpile 1000s of rounds they cant possibly shoot in a long long time, and leave none for us who just want 50-100 rds to shoot. I foresee alot of people trying to get rid of alot of ammo they dont need, once the factories catch up to the demand.

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    My brother was at a shop in Florida buying some ammo and asked about .40 for me. The lady at the counter called the guy in the back, asking if they had any, and he brought out a couple different boxes from different brands. Being a smart-aleck, he asked if they had .380, and the guy said they'd just received about 5 cases. The lady at the counter asked if she could buy a couple boxes, and the gent said that ammo was for customers only..

If gun shops are the only place to get ammo, and you can't buy ammo since you work at the gun shop, what are you supposed to do??

I haven't been in Wal-Mart to look lately - I only go when I get my haircut, and I don't generally buy anything there as I'd rather support a real gunshop..

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Wal-Mart in Franklin has single boxes of 22 (50) count at a 3 box limit per customer. I got lucky the other night and was there when they put 10 bricks in the case. These also were on a 3 box limit. I took 3 bricks and 2 other guys there took 3 each! When I asked the associate at the counter about taking 10 small boxes to make a brick he looked at me with a (?) on his face and said that he could only sell me three of which ever one I wanted.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When I asked the associate at the counter about taking 10 small boxes to make a brick he looked at me with a (?) on his face and said that he could only sell me three of which ever one I wanted.

You can't ask a Walmart counter guy to do math!

Jokes aside, their policy isn't well thought-out or explained to the counter folk. Each of the Walmart employees I've been in has been just as confused. Is it three boxes total? Three per caliber? etc. They're doing their best with with not enough information.

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I just thought I would share it. I've got a couple boxes of WWB left but if I hopefully go to the range this weekend I will be needing to buy more. I only buy what I shoot.

I've been waiting about 2 months on 200 rounds of 165 grain Federal HST .40 caliber from Streichers for my SD rounds. ;(

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    My brother was at a shop in Florida buying some ammo and asked about .40 for me. The lady at the counter called the guy in the back, asking if they had any, and he brought out a couple different boxes from different brands. Being a smart-aleck, he asked if they had .380, and the guy said they'd just received about 5 cases. The lady at the counter asked if she could buy a couple boxes, and the gent said that ammo was for customers only..

If gun shops are the only place to get ammo, and you can't buy ammo since you work at the gun shop, what are you supposed to do??

I haven't been in Wal-Mart to look lately - I only go when I get my haircut, and I don't generally buy anything there as I'd rather support a real gunshop..

What you do if you work there is buy some ammo for yourself when you get off work.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I haven't been shooting for that reason. When I can gather up about 300 round nose 9mm, I'll be off to the range.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I go by the 96 st Wally Mart all the time, its my local one, but I check the ones in Noblestucky and Pendleton Pike whenever I get the chance. Pendleton Pike I got lucky and got some .40 WWB at $16.97 per 50 165 gr, They had no limit on sales there, but last I checked all is gone now, Noblestucky had a four box limit, last I checked, and of course their shelves were a bare as Ol Mother Hubbards............. invisable air boxes are all that are on the shelves now, I went to an East Side indoor range this week and fired two boxes of 180 gr .40 in my G-222 and g-27 (100 rdss) and now kicking myself cause I cant find any .40 Blazer Brass anywhere.

The range I was at, had 50 rds S&B .380 for $26.95 and .9mm S&B 50 rds for $29.95, range customers only.

I have some .40 WWB .40 165 gr (200 rds) and thats about it.....maybe a box or two up in my cabin in Michigan, but thats Wolf.

:dunno: Sure would like to getr some more Blazer Brass 180 gr .40.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    The 96th St Meijer has .44 magnum (50 rd), .357 magnum (50 rd), and .22 LR (about 500), both Thunderbold and some Winchester hollow-points. I bought some Remington 44 magnum 180 gr JSP this morning, four 50 round boxes at $29.99 a piece. Yesterday, I bought another box of the .44 magnum, plus two Thunderbolt .22 bulk boxes and two of the Winchester hollow-point.

They had some boxes of Winchester .223, but since I don't shoot it I didn't pay much attention. I'm not sure what the price was. I think they also had some .25, but don't quote me on that.

target64

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    West Side
    The Wal-Mart in GreenCastle has alway had limited supplies of ammo and usually very limited handgun ammo. I am not sure if they do not receive much , or it just sells out very fast.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I usualy park in the auto repair (tire area) and take a quick peek, funny three four other guys walk by the same bare cabinate, some on cell phones, probably checking out multiple wal-Marts at the same time.

Same story................mostly empty.

Anybody find any Blazer Brass .40 anywhere lately?

Top Bottom