• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Anyhow, during days 1 & 2 I could barely (well... not really even close) keep up with the videos. I did my best and kept moving... I feel like I've had a pretty solid *** kicking. From what I've done so far, I can tell this program will give back everything I put into it.

Yeah dude, just keep moving and do as much as you can. Don't be afraid to start with the bands or with your feet on a chair for pullups. The soreness will finally start to fade as you get in to the 3rd week. I did this back in 07 and lost about 40 pounds and was at least in some sort of shape.

I celebrated that success for two years and put most of it back on. I started again on Monday and will not make that mistake again.

Keep at it and

633789655308868495-p90xtonyhortonwillliveforever.jpg

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    ohhh... and remember. When you think it hurts too much.... I'm 5'7, 250 pound and 42... so don't quit. :D

Yea... I'm pretty sore, FOR SURE! Sleep has been a little difficult, because every time I move I really feel it (and because my new baby wakes up every three hours crying for food). The plyometrics routine KILLED me on Tuesday. Wednesday was the Shoulders & Arms routine, but I took it really easy.

patton487

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    A couple of months ago I ran a mile with my 13 year old son. It was embarrassing to have your son laugh at you while your trying to catch your breath.
    I decided right there and then to get back in shape. Between running, exercise bike and dusting off my old weight set, I'm starting to see some results. Not ready for the UFC yet though.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Got serious about losing weight this past November. Started keeping a food diary (everything I eat, the amount, and it's calorie content gets written down). This did two things: stop the mindless snacking (if you have to write it down, you have to think about what you eat) and enforced portion control (if you have to write the amount, you have to measure it, which means taking control of how much you eat).

Been losing 2 lbs a week pretty steadily since. Started in the 260's, now in the 230's. Goal to get under 200.

I long ago found that I need a long "recovery time" between heavy workouts. Can't do 3/week for any given muscle group. 2 is doable. 1 actually works well. And so I've been doing strength training using circuit training: bent rows or lat pulldowns, leg press*, incline sits, leg curls, bench press. Three times around the circuit, when I hit "target" number of reps on the third circuit I bump up the weight (increase incline on the incline sits--when I'm at max incline I'll start holding plates while doing the sits). Since I'm looking for strength, the target is 6 for all exercises except leg press and incline sits (12 for those). Recently I've added a couple of extra exercises after the circuit: preacher curls, wrist curls, and incline press.

Circuit training is actually pretty aerobic to begin with and I do treadmill at maximum inclind and 3 MPH as both my warmup and cooldown.

I've got a stationary bike at work and I get some time on it at lunch during the week: relatively low intensity, mainly to burn off some more calories.

As for further aerobic exercise:One form of Aerobic Exercise

And

An interesting method of lowering BP and reducing stress.

:D:D:D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yea... I'm pretty sore, FOR SURE! Sleep has been a little difficult, because every time I move I really feel it (and because my new baby wakes up every three hours crying for food). The plyometrics routine KILLED me on Tuesday. Wednesday was the Shoulders & Arms routine, but I took it really easy.

heh, one of my co-workers who's in his 3rd round of P90X know's I started Monday, so he walks in my cube this morning and grabs me right between the bicep and triceps! He knew right where I'd be the sorest, :xmad: b@st@rd

that's one thing i do love about P90X, you only hit the major muscle groups once a week... because I'd die if it were any more.

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Got serious about losing weight this past November. Started keeping a food diary (everything I eat, the amount, and it's calorie content gets written down). ...

This is how I lost 20 lbs at the end of last year. I used an iPhone app (Lose it!) Keeping track of the calories DEFINITELY helps eliminate mindless intake. Once I reached my goal of 20lbs, I stopped keeping track. I remained stable for a couple of months, and then just started tracking up a little. Old habits die hard.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    This is how I lost 20 lbs at the end of last year. I used an iPhone app (Lose it!) Keeping track of the calories DEFINITELY helps eliminate mindless intake. Once I reached my goal of 20lbs, I stopped keeping track. I remained stable for a couple of months, and then just started tracking up a little. Old habits die hard.

+1 to the Lose it app! I dropped 30 pounds 5 years ago and slowly crept back up 18.
    5 a.m. up, 5:30 at the gym. Cardio on the elliptical 4 days a week and weights 2 days. so its 2 cardio and 1 weights at the moment with Sunday off. Been doing that with various routines for 5 years to try and keep it fresh. Lose it really helped focus on my eating habits, it is amazing how much you can eat without trying and how hard it is to back off. I dropped 12 pounds last month, shooting for 30 without too much muscle loss by eating more protein.
    I am going on 47 so if I can do it so can you! Kudos to those making the effort, it takes desire and willpower.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Did my first Triathlon yesterday as a run through, I'm further along than I thought I was. 1h 31min with about 5min transition time. 10m bike, 3m run, .5m swim. The bike was the worst, I felt I was going to pedal right off that stupid stationary bike. Come on warm weather!

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    2nd day 30 minutes on the ellipitcal and about 10 minutes of light weights.

Plan to talk to the owner of the gym this morning and see what he would recommend for weight loss.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    had a good week, did my two P90x weight workouts on Mon/Weds with the 3rd coming this afternoon. Also did 30-40 mins on the elliptical or inclined treadmill every day this week but yesterday.

Top Bottom