• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm with you. It would be nice to see a mobile QB for one in Indy.... tho JH was a pretty good one too

Guys its not like Luck is a slug. His combine numbers were basically identical to Cam Newton from last year. He is a very athletic guy, sure RGIII has a faster .40 yd dash but neither is going to struggle running in the NFL.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Oh no!!! Who can we find to replace him!?!?

8manning2_display_image.jpg

barack-obama-frown-news-conference-110310jpg-0cde32a811fbb0e6.jpg

:facepalm:

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    parting tis sweet sorrow, again. the colts did this before manning when they decided to go with him over harbaugh back in '98. now looks like they do it again.

i personally think they should go with rg3 instead of luck. anyone remember a guy named ryan leaf?

Anybody remember a guy named Vince Young?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    No other team is allowed to talk to him as he's still under contract! It's an NFL anti-tampering rule. A team could talk to Irsay about a trade though & I'm sure Peyton has a no-trade without approval clause in the contract.

kiddchaos

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Dear Peyton Manning,

I have still not received any checks from all the revenue you brought into our fair city. I went to all your games and paid at least $60 for each ticket, plus parking, nachos and beer. Also, my taxes when going out to eat are still at 9%. Please respond as soon as possible.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    parting tis sweet sorrow, again. the colts did this before manning when they decided to go with him over harbaugh back in '98. now looks like they do it again.

In 1997 the Colts went 3-13, Harbaugh was traded to the Ravens and played for four more years, mired in mediocrity. Let's hope that Manning isn't doomed to the same career wind down, but it is a tough game to play for more than ten years.

I'm concerned about going with Luck over RG3 but we just need to wait and see what happens to him when he gets tackled by a 270 pounder running at him like a freight train. I hope we draft or trade for an O line.

Rookie coach, rookie manager, rookie QB...it's going to be an interesting season for the first 5 or 6 games. Then we'll have a better idea of what the Colts future will be.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Dear Peyton Manning,

I have still not received any checks from all the revenue you brought into our fair city. I went to all your games and paid at least $60 for each ticket, plus parking, nachos and beer. Also, my taxes when going out to eat are still at 9%. Please respond as soon as possible.

You must be sitting on the roof. Manning had nothing to do with any of your butthurt, take it up with your city county council.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Colts suck...Manning sucks, that is all.

And by the way KC has already been talking to him. Which if he goes there, I will have to find a new team. I cant stand Manning that much, people think he walks on water.

It must suck being a Chiefs fan....because the Chiefs suck. They seriously suck.

:popcorn:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It was reported on Channel 13 this morning that Irsay gave Peyton the choice to retire a Colt and receive (I couldn't hear if it was his bonus or what) OR be let go...Apparently he's decided to "seek other opportunities". We'll find out at noon, I guess.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

i personally think they should go with rg3 instead of luck. anyone remember a guy named ryan leaf?

RG3 is a brighter kid than Luck and comes with a better skillset but I'd honestly hate to see him go to Indy. With the line Indy has, he'd have to do more run first. I do think that Luck will be an ok QB but RG3 will have a better career.

he is taking his talents to south beach

Please do NOT say that. I'd rather see the Dolphins make a silly trade to move up for RG3. It would be stupid to pay what Manning wants to have a QB for a couple years, at most. If he goes anywhere, I see it being a dome team.

Check out indystar.com (2058):

"NFL's only 4-time MVP expected to party ways with team, but Star source there is slight possibility Manning and team owner Jim Irsay could reach an agreement; news conference set for Wednesday."

Proving they are editorially retarded..."part ways" not "party ways". Irsay write that? :D

If Irsay wrote it, he meant party.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    No other team is allowed to talk to him as he's still under contract! It's an NFL anti-tampering rule. A team could talk to Irsay about a trade though & I'm sure Peyton has a no-trade without approval clause in the contract.

They cannot trade him, it is not realistically possible. The only way they could trade him is if the Colts pay him the $28,000,000 bonus that is due tomorrow and then try and trade him. BUT that is about the dumbest thing they could ever do because it would mean Manning, who isnt on the team, would cost the Colts $38 million towards next years salary cap.

Dear Peyton Manning,

How is it Mannings fault? He is just a player, not involved in the business aspect at all. Blame your city or just move.

RG3 is a brighter kid than Luck and comes with a better skillset but I'd honestly hate to see him go to Indy. With the line Indy has, he'd have to do more run first. I do think that Luck will be an ok QB but RG3 will have a better career.

How do you know RGIII is smarter than Luck? Oh that is right, when it comes to all things Colts/Manning you only post garbage under the guise of fact. I wouldnt be surprised either way as both are great speakers from everything I have seen. Neither is dumb by any means and both imo will have good NFL Careers.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    i'm starting to think that maybe this was a test to see who a 'leak' is at the colts office and when it snowballed they just decided to let it ride out. just everything being done is not in tune to a person being released. big press conference, arriving together on plane, leaving airport together,etc. maybe it's just me, i don't know, something just doesn't add up here.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    How do you know RGIII is smarter than Luck? Oh that is right, when it comes to all things Colts/Manning you only post garbage under the guise of fact. I wouldnt be surprised either way as both are great speakers from everything I have seen. Neither is dumb by any means and both imo will have good NFL Careers.

Umm...I don't think that Luck or RG3 have much to do with Manning. I don't believe that I said either of them are dumb. I understand that architecture (even though it technically isn't architecture because Stanford doesn't actually offer a degree in architecture and no, it isn't exactly engineering) and political science aren't exactly the same level of study but Griffin graduated in 3 years and as a senior, he is a good deal into his masters. Judging purely by academics, Griffin has either put in much more effort or is a brighter kid. RGIII 3.67 GPA, 2 time Academic All-Big12, Academic All American. Luck, 3.48 GPA in a hybrid architecture program, Capital One Academic All America senior year. We'll see Wonderlics when they come out (even though they don't mean all that much). Andrew Luck isn't stupid but I do not believe that he is the brighter kid of the 2.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    In 1997 the Colts went 3-13, Harbaugh was traded to the Ravens and played for four more years, mired in mediocrity. Let's hope that Manning isn't doomed to the same career wind down, but it is a tough game to play for more than ten years.

I'm concerned about going with Luck over RG3 but we just need to wait and see what happens to him when he gets tackled by a 270 pounder running at him like a freight train. I hope we draft or trade for an O line.

Rookie coach, rookie manager, rookie QB...it's going to be an interesting season for the first 5 or 6 games. Then we'll have a better idea of what the Colts future will be.

To compare Manning and Harbaugh, or even mention them in the same sentence is WRONG. Harbaugh didn't wind down his career "mired in mediocrity" he spent his whole career that way.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Umm...I don't think that Luck or RG3 have much to do with Manning. I don't believe that I said either of them are dumb. I understand that architecture (even though it technically isn't architecture because Stanford doesn't actually offer a degree in architecture and no, it isn't exactly engineering) and political science aren't exactly the same level of study but Griffin graduated in 3 years and as a senior, he is a good deal into his masters. Judging purely by academics, Griffin has either put in much more effort or is a brighter kid. RGIII 3.67 GPA, 2 time Academic All-Big12, Academic All American. Luck, 3.48 GPA in a hybrid architecture program, Capital One Academic All America senior year. We'll see Wonderlics when they come out (even though they don't mean all that much). Andrew Luck isn't stupid but I do not believe that he is the brighter kid of the 2.

I have no idea if your GPAs are right, I am assuming so, but what I will say is Stanford is the 5th rated University by US News while Baylor is comes in at 75. Neither is a bad school certainly but I would rather have a 3.48 from Standford in Architecture/Engineering than a 3.67 from Baylor in Political Science.

Top Bottom