• ...and so much more!
  • Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    We know for firearms to land in your safe they have to be made by Česká zbrojovka Uherský Brod! lol.

I keep thinking I'll run into you at Applied. We should meet up again. I try to go most Saturday's for a 1/2 hour anyway.

While that is mostly true. I understand that my preferences are not shared my most. I can still appreciate a good gun by any maker. I also have my opinions on what sacrifices should not be made in the name of comfort.

Sounds good, Greg. Let me know when you are going and I will try to make it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    While that is mostly true. I understand that my preferences are not shared my most. I can still appreciate a good gun by any maker. I also have my opinions on what sacrifices should not be made in the name of comfort.

Sounds good, Greg. Let me know when you are going and I will try to make it.

Oh, I share your love for the CZ pistols and I even like their shotguns and rifles. It's my wallet that doesn't have much love for them right now, lol.

I am planning on this Saturday. It's going to be cold and possibly rainy. Let me know if you can make it.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    So I guess I shouldn't have been carrying my Officer's size 1911 yesterday...
    Oh well, I am old. I guess at this stage, I can carry whatever I want without the approval of others.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Oh, I share your love for the CZ pistols and I even like their shotguns and rifles. It's my wallet that doesn't have much love for them right now, lol.

I am planning on this Saturday. It's going to be cold and possibly rainy. Let me know if you can make it.

Sounds good. I have one new one that is ready for a range trip and another that might be by then.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    So I guess I shouldn't have been carrying my Officer's size 1911 yesterday...
    Oh well, I am old. I guess at this stage, I can carry whatever I want without the approval of others.

Exactly. I am not sure why everyone feels they have to defend their choices. He is merely stating there is a trend away from those types of guns for the "new" gun buying public. Lets face it, most of you Indiana guys and gals don't realize it because you have had it so long, but shall issue concealed carry is relatively new to much of the country. It has opened up a huge new market.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Exactly. I am not sure why everyone feels they have to defend their choices. He is merely stating there is a trend away from those types of guns for the "new" gun buying public. Lets face it, most of you Indiana guys and gals don't realize it because you have had it so long, but shall issue concealed carry is relatively new to much of the country. It has opened up a huge new market.

I think it's just human nature. We like it when people support our decisions and we don't like it when they criticize them. The trend toward smaller, more difficult to master, handguns is discouraging to me. But I fully support each individuals right to choose for themselves. I just worry about some of those choices.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I bet you ride a horse to work as well.......:):

Nah, not me. Horses have minds of their own. Not much of one, mind you, but unlike a car or a motorcycle they can decide they don't want to go where you are steering them or move at the speed (or lack thereof) that you want. It's been years since I was on a horse, and I don't miss it. I do like to play with them, though. Rubbing a horse's nose is one of the under-appreciated joys in life.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    He is merely stating there is a trend away from those types of guns for the "new" gun buying public. Lets face it, most of you Indiana guys and gals don't realize it because you have had it so long, but shall issue concealed carry is relatively new to much of the country. It has opened up a huge new market.

Stating the trend is toward gun "X" is one thing, and he'd probably have no argument against that.

Saying that the trend is a good thing is another, let alone a "perfect" choice, is not the same as simply reporting a trend. I get you have to say something new every so often to drive traffic, and there's not a ton of new things to say, so you resort to hyperbole to drive interest. I can't think of any situation where I'd prefer his "dream gun" in a gun fight to, say, a Sig P227.

Youngsters getting into music trended toward Justin Beiber. Does that make some iteration of him the perfect musician?

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    See, at first, I thought you were saying he was one of those DUI guys that has to drive his Wheel Horse to work each day..

Uh....Sorry Expat...The correct nomenclature for those DUI guys modes of transportation is "drunkcycle", (with "cycle" pronounced like "icicle") not "Wheel Horse"...:):

A buddy and I were driving one day and we spotted a guy we went to school with on one and my buddy says, "Looks like so and so got another DUI..." I asked how he knew and he said "Lookie there, he is riding a drunkcycle.." and I about lost it...I have been using the term ever since....

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Stating the trend is toward gun "X" is one thing, and he'd probably have no argument against that.

Saying that the trend is a good thing is another, let alone a "perfect" choice, is not the same as simply reporting a trend. I get you have to say something new every so often to drive traffic, and there's not a ton of new things to say, so you resort to hyperbole to drive interest. I can't think of any situation where I'd prefer his "dream gun" in a gun fight to, say, a Sig P227.

Youngsters getting into music trended toward Justin Beiber. Does that make some iteration of him the perfect musician?

In a gun fight, I'd rather have my Glock 19 than a S&W Shield. More boolits :D

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    In a gun fight, I'd rather have my Glock 19 than a S&W Shield. More boolits :D
    I think I would have to go with my Sig 227, more bigger boolits...

But the overwhelming odds are whatever I am carrying will only be used to pull my pants down so I make compromises...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

I get what you are saying and will leave it at that. I don't feel the need to always be right.

8th SPS USAF

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hobart , In
    I carry several different single stack pistols. Shield 9mm, XDs 9/45, New XDs 4.0 coming Friday Carry extra mag and you are good to go. I have a small hand and the double stacks fit but not as good. Carry good ammo.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I thought the article was decent. I don't agree with the conclusion for myself, but it seemed well written to help a newbie figure out what to carry. There are lots of people that are thinking about getting a gun, yet have no idea were to start in getting one. This seems written to that audience, not the grizzled old guard at INGO. Heck, we have folks here that eat single stack poly guns for breakfast and discharge double stacks at lunch.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I get what you are saying and will leave it at that. I don't feel the need to always be right.

Oh, and just to be clear when I said "you" I didn't mean actually mean you, I meant the folks who right the blogs and articles, be it on the web or in gun magazines. I should have been more clear in that, and if I came off as deriding you for this post or otherwise gave offense I apologize.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Oh, and just to be clear when I said "you" I didn't mean actually mean you, I meant the folks who right the blogs and articles, be it on the web or in gun magazines. I should have been more clear in that, and if I came off as deriding you for this post or otherwise gave offense I apologize.

Not a problem. You have always been fair with your comments.

Top Bottom