• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    The American Spectator held its annual Robert L. Bartley dinner last night at the Capitol Hilton in Washington, DC. The dinner included speeches from the Spectator’s President Alfred S. Regnery, it’s Editor-in-Chief R. Emmet Tyrell, and Republican Congressman Mike Pence of Indiana.
    Pence rallied the crowd with a thoughtful address about the need to preserve the ideals of the American Revolution.:
    “According to our second President, the real American Revolution was a revolution of self reliance and independence, casting off dependency on the crown, in the hearts and minds of the American people. It was a rejection of the spirit of dependence in favor of a society of free and independent people.
    “As Thomas Sowell wrote, ‘What the American Revolution did was give the common man a voice, a veto, elbow room, and a refuge from the rampaging presumptions of his “betters.”’ And, I submit, it is that revolution of independence and self reliance that liberal elites are seeking to overturn.‪ Barney Frank recently said, ‘We are trying on every front to increase the role of government.’ Not just the size but the role.”​

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The more I read and see Pence, the more I like him.

He seems to upping his profile, and I see him in interviews both on FOX and CNN. I don't know a ton about him, but I really like what he says.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton

He seems to upping his profile, and I see him in interviews both on FOX and CNN. I don't know a ton about him, but I really like what he says.

Evan Bayh is up for re-election in 2010. I haven't heard anything, but that would be a great move for Pence.

one more

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

AGREE! :yesway:

Evan Bayh is up for re-election in 2010. I haven't heard anything, but that would be a great move for Pence.

AGREE! :yesway:

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    I don't think he will want to lose to Bayh.

I can see him running for the retiring Lugar seat in 2012.

If Bayh votes for the government option health care and cap and tax, even though I never vote democrap, I will vigorously campaign for whoever runs against him, and I will rejoice, and work 24/7 if Pence runs.

Mitch should run for his (Bayh) seat, and when Sarah gets in in 12, she should make him (Mitch), Treasury Secretary.

Bayhs just like his old man, just nicer looking, so he can schmoooz his way out of it. I hope he gets fired, like his old man did in 1980. God Bless Ronald Reagan.:yesway:

Top Bottom