• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I was there. Disappointed with the turn out. There weren't that many more with us than at the counter protest on the East side! Of course, this is our 3rd in 2 months & their 1st.
    We really need to have these rallies on Monday-Thursday, when the legislators are actually there, too.
    Thanks to all who came out.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I was there. Disappointed with the turn out. There weren't that many more with us than at the counter protest on the East side! Of course, this is our 3rd in 2 months & their 1st.
    We really need to have these rallies on Monday-Thursday, when the legislators are actually there, too.
    Thanks to all who came out.

The past two rallies people came from all over the state. I was there for the first two but for me, it's a full day event to drive down, stay for 2 hours and drive back. It's a 10 hour endeavor.

We are having a rally in Valpo on the 23rd, I'm hoping we have close to 500 people there.

I find it very discouraging that with a population center as large as Indy, more people turn out and spend more time in line just to get into the Indy 500 as opposed to turning out for rallies.

The rest of the state can't carry Indy's water every month. It's just not feasible.

Likewise, there will almost certainly be less people at the Valpo Courthouse on March 23rd as opposed to those who turned out for the Dunes gun show.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    WTH does that mean? I didn't realize we were keeping score here.

I mean, Indy has the densest population in the state, during a previous rally more gun owners were packed into the Indy 500 (for example) than at the first rally.

What does it mean? You seriously can't claim to be that clueless.

It means gun owners, collectively, cannot let others do the work for them and expect to keep their Rights.

I also referenced NW Indiana (the next largest pop center) and the Dunes show which is second in size to Indy and how more people will likely be in line to get in on a Saturday morning, as opposed to show up and do something positive for RKBA.

So, again with reading comprehension hitting new lows, those in Indy can't complain about turn out when most of the past Indy turn outs have come from well outside of the Indy metro area. Hence, the rest of the state can't carry Indy's water.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    I mean, Indy has the densest population in the state, during a previous rally more gun owners were packed into the Indy 500 (for example) than at the first rally.

It means gun owners, collectively, cannot let others do the work for them and expect to keep their Rights.

I also referenced NW Indiana (the next largest pop center) and the Dunes show which is second in size to Indy and how more people will likely be in line to get in on a Saturday morning, as opposed to show up and do something positive for RKBA.

So, again with reading comprehension hitting new lows, those in Indy can't complain about turn out when most of the past Indy turn outs have come from well outside of the Indy metro area. Hence, the rest of the state can't carry Indy's water.

I wonder how many people in INDY knew of the gathering at the Statehouse on that day, unless I come to this 2nd amendment thread, i would never of known, so you cant know how many people knew and choose not to go, its not like there were news paper articles, tv ads, or billboards to indicate the gathering

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I wonder how many people in INDY knew of the gathering at the Statehouse on that day, unless I come to this 2nd amendment thread, i would never of known, so you cant know how many people knew and choose not to go, its not like there were news paper articles, tv ads, or billboards to indicate the gathering

It's a good question. At the exact same time of the rally, there was an INGO meet and greet at the Indy 500.

The events were promoted all over, from Facebook, Twitter, email and by individuals here on INGO.

One must wonder, had INGO itself taken an active role in spreading the word, as opposed to their meet and greet, how much larger would turn out have been?
    :dunno:

In any case, the word must be spread, person to person if need be. The only person truly looking out for you... is YOU.

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    It's a good question. At the exact same time of the rally, there was an INGO meet and greet at the Indy 500.

The events were promoted all over, from Facebook, Twitter, email and by individuals here on INGO.

One must wonder, had INGO itself taken an active role in spreading the word, as opposed to their meet and greet, how much larger would turn out have been?

In any case, the word must be spread, person to person if need be. The only person truly looking out for you... is YOU.

absolutely, i have often wondered how best to get everyone on the same page

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield

No offense is mean to anyone, but I don't think it's that the local people don't care, I think it's that they (and everyone, for that matter) are typically armchair, fair weather advocates and feel that sharing pictures and posts on Facebook or talking about attending a rally or pro-2A event is all they need to do. They feel they have done their part and don't see any reason to stand outside unless it's in a line to get into a gun show.

There are 29,000 supposed members on this forum, even if 1/3 of those are bogus and never used, that leaves around 20,000 members. I don't see why there should be any issues getting half of these people to a rally. 10,000 people on the sidewalks around the Statehouse would send a huge message. We can barely manage to get 3% to show up.

I'm probably going to be coming up to Valpo on the 23rd. Yea, it's going to be a bit of a drive from Indy, but I feel I owe it to the people who drive the same distance, if not longer, to come to the rallies down here. Also, I won't lie, I like open carrying a rifle.

I have tried and asked for INGO, LLC to show any kind of support or top billing for these rallies, and they have declined any such "favoritism". I was asked what my solution was, what I thought they could do to help in getting people to these events. My solution was to have a section (either above or below the current 2nd Amendment section) that was specifically for 2A rallies and events. These events could be posted there and not lost or double posted in the normal 2A section. This idea was shot down.

I want to get the word out about these. I want people to show up. I'm open to any ideas on how to promote future events. If anyone has any ideas, please post them or let me know. I may not have a lot of people who follow what I do or say on any social media platforms, but I'll do my damnedest to get the word to someone who does.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    These were the attendees for the day.
    More pictures coming soon.
    IN2ARallyMarch9_01.jpg

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I too am beginning to get very depressed/annoyed/pissed off at the lack of numbers we are getting at rallies. I was there today again, and the turnout was pathetic!! I keep seeing the same few people over and over, don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate seeing them, but it is very discouraging to think of a pool of 29000 members we can't manage at least 3000 to 4000 attendants to these rallies which are so important in the court of public opinion.

We have to get organized and get motivated!

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Is it possible to send emails to all members to inform them of upcoming events, such as news letters, etc... ? I didn't find out about this rally until I already had made plans that I was unable to change.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I too am beginning to get very depressed/annoyed/pissed off at the lack of numbers we are getting at rallies. I was there today again, and the turnout was pathetic!! I keep seeing the same few people over and over, don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate seeing them, but it is very discouraging to think of a pool of 29000 members we can't manage at least 3000 to 4000 attendants to these rallies which are so important in the court of public opinion.

We have to get organized and get motivated!

Yep, it's depressing. At a minimum, I expected to see all the people who were complaining about the last one being on a Friday.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

From Day 1 it's been known that INGO LLC doesn't hold events-- INGO members plan/organize/host events. I don't even know what meet-and-greet you're referencing because INGO LLC didn't organize it-- a member must've. Just like INGO members organized and promoted this rally, they are also free to organize and promote other events that bring INGOers together.

INGO is a forum, a platform, a gathering place, a venue. It isn't a lobbying organization. It is member-driven. If members don't drive, nothing happens. The Staff are only here to keep order on the forum. Don't lay the blame at INGO LLC's feet if the turnout was less than desirable.

I have tried and asked for INGO, LLC to show any kind of support or top billing for these rallies, and they have declined any such "favoritism". I was asked what my solution was, what I thought they could do to help in getting people to these events. My solution was to have a section (either above or below the current 2nd Amendment section) that was specifically for 2A rallies and events. These events could be posted there and not lost or double posted in the normal 2A section. This idea was shot down.

The idea was "shot down" not because of it's merit, but because we already have a place for such topics and as a policy don't add new subforums unless there is a need that isn't being addressed elsewhere. I'm glad that you're passionate about your cause (which I think is a GREAT cause) but you're asking for special permission that we don't grant to anyone else. Others have been passionate about their causes and we haven't added special subforums for them either, for the same reason. Feel free to use INGO to promote your cause, but you'll need to do it within the parameters just like everyone else.

Last edited:

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Hell, I never even heard of it untill it was over, I've been to all of the others. You need to get the word out better.
    Actually, I think there have been to many, to close together and at times most people cannot attend. Of course no time and place is good for everybody.
    If your looking for a Washington Monument event, it's not going to happen.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Sorry if addressing the above issue jacked the thread. I'd still like to hear more from the folks who attended the rally. :ingo:

Top Bottom