Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Organized by: Indiana Moms Against Gun Control
    Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/107239306113173/

When:
    Saturday, March 9th
    Time: 10a-12p (or until people decide to disband)
    Where: South side of the Capitol building.

What: A peaceful gathering of Indiana's 2nd Amendment supporters.

Parking lot/garage info: Parking in Downtown Indianapolis

Legal Details:
    (IANAL) We must stay to the public sidewalks (without blocking them) and obey the law (don't walk in the street; don't jam up crosswalks; don't block access to businesses; don't interfere with vehicular traffic etc). The Statehouse property is off limits to those possessing a firearm, LTCH or not. You do not need an Indiana LTCH to carry a long gun, however, it has been brought up that we are in the vicinity of a Gun Free Zone (Daycare Nursery, 100 N Senate Ave). Knowing this, if you decide to carry a long gun, and do not possess a valid Indiana LTCH, you do so at your own risk.

Event Details:
    The safe, open carrying of firearms and long guns is encouraged, if you are legally able to do so.

Signs and banners that support the 2nd Amendment or address political issues pertaining to gun rights are encouraged. As a group geared towards moms, we would like to see signs addressing mothers and guns, but your freedom of expression is a wonderful right.

Being a public event on public property, it is possible that you may be interviewed by media, or confronted by those opposed to your belief. In either circumstance, please be informative and respectful. If you're not sure what to say, change the subject. If you feel overwhelmed or wish not to speak, simply walk away.

Here is a graphic containing pertinent details. Please share it to spread the word about this event.

1789_10151274923061851_1646109666_n.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    So this is to counter the million mom march? It will probably be like a 40 mom march BTW. Sounds interesting though. Why not just carry signs and leave the guns out of view?

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    So this is to counter the million mom march? It will probably be like a 40 mom march BTW. Sounds interesting though. Why not just carry signs and leave the guns out of view?
    Is there a Million Mom march that day?

If I am not exercising my 2nd Amendment at a 2nd Amendment rally, then I believe it to be pointless.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    And this time lets try to help the media out with its count of people that show.
    So Show up 30 minutes before the official start time.

:twocents:

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    on a Saturday again? I am sure that the weekend janitorial staff at the statehouse is more than willing to watch/listen to us but that's not who we need to influence. I can appreciate that doing it on a weekend is more convenient for people to show up to but what do you want convenience or results? the best time to do this would be on a Monday or Tuesday. if you do it in the early part of the work week not only will the people we want to hear us (state representatives) actually be in the building during the march but they will be there the rest of the workweek and what do you think they will be talking about around the water cooler? I would say a Monday in the morning to mid afternoon would get the best effect. be there when they show up for work and STILL be there when they go to lunch. I know most of us have jobs and have to be at work during the week but you must ask yourself this... what would cost you more to loose....one days pay or your freedom?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Two things make these rallies useful.

Being seen and noticed by the people in the bldg and the public at large.
    Being noticed by the media and getting air time.

The last one had a great turn out. I dont know how many people in the building noticed but we were noticed and the media (TV 6) did a short video. I dont think rallies on a Saturday are going to get much attention from either the media or the people in the building (as they will not be inside on the weekend). People driving by will see you. If you can ensure that the media will be on site that might allow it to have more impact.

Its a good effort, any effort is a good effort. But we need to find a way to get some real attention. Ask people that have no direct interest in the whole gun ban thing if they even know of any of the rallies we have had, the answer is probably, no.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    on a Saturday again? I am sure that the weekend janitorial staff at the statehouse is more than willing to watch/listen to us but that's not who we need to influence. I can appreciate that doing it on a weekend is more convenient for people to show up to but what do you want convenience or results? the best time to do this would be on a Monday or Tuesday. if you do it in the early part of the work week not only will the people we want to hear us (state representatives) actually be in the building during the march but they will be there the rest of the workweek and what do you think they will be talking about around the water cooler? I would say a Monday in the morning to mid afternoon would get the best effect. be there when they show up for work and STILL be there when they go to lunch. I know most of us have jobs and have to be at work during the week but you must ask yourself this... what would cost you more to loose....one days pay or your freedom?
    I agree with what you are saying, but instead of chastising someone that has put together the details and is trying to organize an event; why don't you create your own event and put it on any day of the week that you want?

This is meant in no offense to you, but all I see are people complaining about this and that in regards to the details about events. What I never see are these people making the effort to organize an event. All they seem to do is complain about the efforts of others who are ultimately trying to fight for their rights. If you want a specific set of details for an event, go for it, but be forewarned that others will complain just as much.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I agree with what you are saying, but instead of chastising someone that has put together the details and is trying to organize an event; why don't you create your own event and put it on any day of the week that you want?

This is meant in no offense to you, but all I see are people complaining about this and that in regards to the details about events. What I never see are these people making the effort to organize an event. All they seem to do is complain about the efforts of others who are ultimately trying to fight for their rights. If you want a specific set of details for an event, go for it, but be forewarned that others will complain just as much.

I called TV6 30 min before the last march. I think if everyone planing on attending called all 3 major network local desks it would be a spur to show up and see what all the phone calls are about. Just call and ask if they plan on covering the event. Tell them you saw it being talked about on the internet and you want to know what is going on.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just to bump this for those going (or fence sitting at the moment) - the "Mom's Demand Action for Gun Sense in America!!" (formerly One Million Moms for Gun Control) ... have on wednesday, posted a counter rally for the same time and date that we meeting. They will again be hiding behind the statue of the Civil War Veterans w/ Guns on the East Steps. ... if you're on the fence or on your butt ... get out and support the cause. (no I am not an organizer, just happen to be going and sharing info) ... hope to see you there .

tem375

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    I was on route on be there at ten but my truck broke down on 65. I am there in spirit, but rally I am sitting in a pep boys parking lot waiting on my buddy to bring some tools. Have fun guys.

Top Bottom