• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    What if I carry in a manner someone else doesn't feel is acceptable, but still legal?
    I'm really not going to get into the semantics of what the definition of the word "is" is.

If you aren't open carrying, you are carrying concealed. So, I don't know what other manner you are speaking of. As long as it's safe, it is acceptable.

I only had so much room to work with without crowding it with words. I decided what I wrote was acceptable and got the point across. If you would like to make your own graphic, with your own wording, go for it. That is what your 1st Amendment Right is for.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    We didn't have that issue at the other rally and I doubt if anyone will approach someone about the way they are carrying.

Exactly why the word "accepted" doesn't have a place in the banner. What is legal is what is accepted. If I see someone being unsafe with a firearm, I will most certainly speak up, as I'd expect anyone else to do as well.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I'm really not going to get into the semantics of what the definition of the word "is" is.

If you aren't open carrying, you are carrying concealed. So, I don't know what other manner you are speaking of. As long as it's safe, it is acceptable.

I only had so much room to work with without crowding it with words. I decided what I wrote was acceptable and got the point across. If you would like to make your own graphic, with your own wording, go for it. That is what your 1st Amendment Right is for.

Many don't think carrying in condition 0 is safe, but I do. If others can't accept this, it is their own problem and not mine. The law is clear on what is accepted.

If you take out the word accepted, you actually have more room.:)
    I was going to post your sign on my FB page, but refuse to do so as it is currently worded. Don't take offense to it, I am just giving constructive criticism.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Many don't think carrying in condition 0 is safe, but I do. If others can't accept this, it is their own problem and not mine. The law is clear on what is accepted.

If you take out the word accepted, you actually have more room.:)
    I was going to post your sign on my FB page, but refuse to do so as it is currently worded. Don't take offense to it, I am just giving constructive criticism.
    Actually, I would have had less room if I went and listed every possible type and condition of carry, and the reasons for such. Like I previously stated, it has been an argument of whether one should open carry a pistol or rifle at an event like this. Since the issue is specific to the open carry of a pistol and/or rifle, that is why that line is even there. So, to hopefully clear up any confusion about the argument, I worded the sentence how I did. I apologize if it is not to the letter of how you think it should be.

Once again, you are more than welcome to exercise your 1st Amendment Rights and make your own graphic and word it however you want. I have found, over the course of trying to get people to spread the word about the event, that people who have nothing better to do (and could put that energy to better use by sharing the event details) will find the smallest, littlest thing to complain about it, even if it's a single word. We are all in this for the same reason. Why is it every time that something helpful is posted, someone must turn it into an argument and argue semantics and how something can be construed?

For me, this is not worth arguing over. Share it or don't share, I don't care. I'm trying to do my part, and that's all that matters.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    I'm not suggesting you list all methods of carry and why, just a simple line stating if it's legal, carry it. What anyone else accepts or doesn't is irrelevant to the cause and that is why I personally have issue with it.
    The word accepted rushes in a control aspect to the message, which is not a perception I will promote.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I hope the guy with the AR-15 billboard shows up again. That was a powerful image and message. I now have to come up with a sign to carry.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Here is a graphic I just threw together. Post it up, pass it around, share it, whatever. Just get the word out there.

386980_10151211854866851_1686956860_n.jpg

I've got three retweets on the INGO Twitter page so far.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    The word accepted rushes in a control aspect to the message, which is not a perception I will promote.
    That is ironic and sort of hypocritical, seeing as how you have a variation of the same word in your signature.

I hope the guy with the AR-15 billboard shows up again. That was a powerful image and message. I now have to come up with a sign to carry.
    You can get corrugated plastic at Lowes. I found mine by the glass cutting station. 30x39 and was a little over $8, out the door.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    That is ironic and sort of hypocritical, seeing as how you have a variation of the same word in your signature.

As opposed to not having freedom...uh yeah. That is my stance, not what I wish to project onto others. Very far from being hypocritical, as that is my own acceptance, not everyone else's.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I will unfortunately be unable to attend.

I'll be in the communist state of New York that week :eek:

See what happens when you're good at what you do, they give you more territory. Of course, I get the entire northeast.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I will unfortunately be unable to attend.

I'll be in the communist state of New York that week :eek:

See what happens when you're good at what you do, they give you more territory. Of course, I get the entire northeast.
    Too bad. Maybe you can report from their rally.

At least try and get the word out!

Top Bottom