• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm not passing judgment on the merits of earmarks. But when he inserts them and then votes against the bill to claim he doesn't support them, that sure seems like the height of hypocracy to me.

are earmarks and foreign policy your only problems with him? What are Mitt/Newt/Rick's records when it comes to spending or anything useful to saving our country from economic collapse?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm not passing judgment on the merits of earmarks. But when he inserts them and then votes against the bill to claim he doesn't support them, that sure seems like the height of hypocracy to me.

He represents his district, that paid taxes.

$2.5 million for a “Historic Downtown Redevelopment Project” in Baytown, Texas; $8 million for replacing recreational fishing piers damaged during hurricanes; and $18 million for ship canal operations and maintenance.

The congressman explained that he only introduces such spending measures because the political system allows it, and that he ultimately votes against the provisions -- even his own.

“I put it in because I represent people who are asking for some of their money back,” Paul said. “It’s like taking a tax credit. If you have a tax credit, I’m against the taxes, but I take all my tax credits.”

Did everyone cash the "Bush Stimulus" checks?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    isn't it nice to know we have so much extra gas that we EXPORT it?

I know it leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling when people talk about a shortage here and having seen data that shows how much extra we have so that we can make sure other countries can meet their needs.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Well that's 7 pages and 3 answers to the original question...but oh well.

As far as Paulbots being cranky about being called Paulbots, have a little sense of humor and realize it is a nickname meant in jest puhhleaze

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    He represents his district, that paid taxes.

$2.5 million for a “Historic Downtown Redevelopment Project” in Baytown, Texas; $8 million for replacing recreational fishing piers damaged during hurricanes; and $18 million for ship canal operations and maintenance.

Sorry, you must have missed the part where I said:

Did everyone cash the "Bush Stimulus" checks?

No. Some of you got the stimulus. The rest of us picked up the check.

What is he saying he doesn't support, earmarks or astronomical spending bills?

From what I understand, each new budget or spending bill is going to be some astronomical number higher than the last, regardless whether there are earmarks or not. An earmark just nails down that particular amount of money for that particular amount of money. When a budget amount is set, do you think congress will lower that number if not one single earmark is proposed afterwards?

Yes

I don't care about earmarks. I am pointing out the hypocracy in his position on them.

I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where calling yourself a "conservative" and wanting to spend a couple tril on (more?) wars and/or colonizing the moon were lower levels of hypocrisy.

I didn't realize there were multiple grades of hypocrite. I thought it was a binary thing - yes or no.

Which of the United States largest suppliers are the ones hating us the most? You do know that the biggest portion of imported oil isn't from the Middle East, right? As of November 2010, over 75% of crude came from non-Arab states. Canada and European nations made up a little over 34% of that. Does the US import from countries that we have a less than stellar relationship with? Sure...I'm guessing that is true for more than a handful of industries but the United States had a good stretch (didn't see data more current that 2011) where refined fuel exports per day were in the tens of thousands of barrels higher than the number of imported petroleum products.

I am not a big fan of the amount of debt that China owns and the possible issues that could come from it but they just own the largest amount of non-domestically owned debt. I've read (last year, summer time) that foreign owned debt was around 4.5 trillion and 9.8 trillion is debt that America owes America. It would be stupid to **** them off and have them stop buying our debt (even though I think it is putting us in a crap situation) and no, you're right...we can't outbid them.

Doesn't matter where the largest part of our oil comes from. If just one nation threatened to cut off a few percentage points of our daily intake it would throw our economy into a tailspin. Hell, Iran just cut off Great Britain and France and our gas prices went up by $0.40 overnight. That's because it is not about who buys from whom, but that it is a global market and the true owners of the oil (the commodity traders) will sell the oil to the highest bidder.

are earmarks and foreign policy your only problems with him? What are Mitt/Newt/Rick's records when it comes to spending or anything useful to saving our country from economic collapse?

Foreign policy is enough. His position is so bad IMHO I don't care that I absolutely love his economic policy.

I know it leaves me with a warm fuzzy feeling when people talk about a shortage here and having seen data that shows how much extra we have so that we can make sure other countries can meet their needs.

It's a global marketplace. You can't control who is willing to pony up the bucks to buy the oil. What's the alternative? Protectionism?

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    My degree of interest in voting for a candidate that ran Paul as VP would be influenced by the candidate's physical health.

Whom is in the poorest physical condition?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My degree of interest in voting for a candidate that ran Paul as VP would be influenced by the candidate's physical health.

Whom is in the poorest physical condition?

Good point. Considering RP has exceeded (or is near) the expected life expectancy of a male in the US, who will he select as his VP? If the Romney/Paul conspiracy theory is correct.....:D

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Good point. Considering RP has exceeded (or is near) the expected life expectancy of a male in the US, who will he select as his VP? If the Romney/Paul conspiracy theory is correct.....:D

Let me attempt to clarify. My post was directed to the question from the OP, "How about if Rand Paul gets the VP nod from Romney or whomever?"

My degree of interest in voting for an executive candidate that ran Paul as VP would be influenced by the executive candidate's physical health.

If Ron Paul is not elected as executive and another candidate were to nominate Rand Paul as VP, I would be interested in the physical condition of the executive candidate making that nomination.

The poorer the physical condition of the executive candidate, the greater my interest in a ticket that includes that executive candidate with Rand Paul as the VP.

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    No. Some of you got the stimulus. The rest of us picked up the check.

I cashed my Bush tax rebate because that was my money. It would have been nice to gets some cuts in government spending with it.

Doesn't matter where the largest part of our oil comes from. If just one nation threatened to cut off a few percentage points of our daily intake it would throw our economy into a tailspin. Hell, Iran just cut off Great Britain and France and our gas prices went up by $0.40 overnight. That's because it is not about who buys from whom, but that it is a global market and the true owners of the oil (the commodity traders) will sell the oil to the highest bidder.

EU and GB imposed sanctions and imposed an oil embargo on Iran, not the other way around

Foreign policy is enough. His position is so bad IMHO I don't care that I absolutely love his economic policy.

LOL. You don't love his economic policy! His economic policy is totally contingent on closing all foreign military installations and bringing our troops home to defend our country. How else can we reign in spending?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Let me attempt to clarify. My post was directed to the question from the OP, "How about if Rand Paul gets the VP nod from Romney or whomever?"

My degree of interest in voting for an executive candidate that ran Paul as VP would be influenced by the executive candidate's physical health.

If Ron Paul is not elected as executive and another candidate were to nominate Rand Paul as VP, I would be interested in the physical condition of the executive candidate making that nomination.

The poorer the physical condition of the executive candidate, the greater my interest in a ticket that includes that executive candidate with Rand Paul as the VP.

I completely understood your post...you failed to get the ironic humor in mine.

Olive Drab

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Indy
    Plain and simple, Ron Paul is the only candidate I trust to keep his word. It all boils down to trust!

Do you trust Romney?

Do you trust Gingrich?

Do you trust Santorum?

Instead of trying to get us to drink your anti-Ron Paul hate-o-rade , tell us how great your candidate is!

Come on, tell us how great your candidate is!

Here is a video why I think my candidate is great:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvXpkjHIuIE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I cashed my Bush tax rebate because that was my money. It would have been nice to gets some cuts in government spending with it.

I didn't qualify to get my money back. I gues they had to give it to someone else. Maybe you really go mine and you didn't realize it

EU and GB imposed sanctions and imposed an oil embargo on Iran, not the other way around

You might want to watch a little more news, or practice your Google-fu:

Iran's export ban pushes oil prices up - UPI.com

Fars News Agency :: Iran Refrains from Oil Delivery to Greece

Iran plans oil export ban to ‘hostile’ European countries | euronews, world news

LOL. You don't love his economic policy! His economic policy is totally contingent on closing all foreign military installations and bringing our troops home to defend our country. How else can we reign in spending?

Then his economic policy will fail. I stand corrected and appreciate you turning on the light.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009

I didn't qualify to get my money back. I gues they had to give it to someone else. Maybe you really go mine and you didn't realize it

You might want to watch a little more news, or practice your Google-fu:

http://www.upi.com/Business_News/2012/02/15/Irans-export-ban-pushes-oil-prices-up/UPI-62711329321753/

http://english.farsnews.com/newstext.php?nn=9010176190

http://www.euronews.net/2012/02/04/iran-plans-oil-export-ban-to-hostile-european-countries/

Then his economic policy will fail. I stand corrected and appreciate you turning on the light.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Really? Totally contingent on closing foreign military installations?

Top Bottom