• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    House Bill 1068 just passed by an 84 to 11 vote. This will protect gun owners with a license from having their personal information accessed. It was also amended to allow folks to renew their current license from 180 days of expiration to 365 days.

HB 1065, to allow carry to the workplace also passed on a 76 to 21 vote. It received several amendments. Some of those were defeated and some were not, it may get some work done on it. I hope to get the final language and if I do I'll pass it on.

The result on SB 25 , Senator Nugent's carry to the workplace bill can be viewed at http://www.in.gov/legislative/bills/2010/PDF/Srollcal/0032.PDF.pdf

You might want to call your legislators who voted good on these bills and thank them. It would be nice for them to hear from our side because you can bet they're going to hear from the other side. It's the least we can all do.

We look forward to seeing a BIG crowd Saturday night at the 2nd Amendment Patriot meeting. See you there.

Jim and Margie
    2nd Amendment Patriots
    STAY UNITED
    www.2ndamendmentpatriots.org

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    HOT DIGGITY DOG!!!

#$@* the Herald-Times, Indy Star, and anyone else who ruffled our feathers with their "databases".

And @#&* my liberal left winging employer who would fire me in a heartbeat for carrying a sidearm to work in my truck.

/joyous rant

:+1: to OP for posting this.

HB 1068 - July 1, 2010

Last edited:

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    This is a quote from a reader reply on the Indy Star

House OKs bill to keep gun permits secret | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

ExiledHoosier wrote:
    Other licenses are a matter of public record and gun registration should be as well. Somebody's got a Magnum in my neighborhood, I want to know about it. Gun lobby strikes again and the Second Amendment says nothing against or about reasonable controls and registration despite how some people twist it. It says "Right to Bear Arms" period.
    1/26/2010 4:28:11 PM
    :lol2: :rofl:

Ramen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    HB 1065 also prevent firearms from being confiscated during an emergency. This is a very, very important law.

We do not want what happened in New Orleans to happen here during an emergency situation.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is a quote from a reader reply on the Indy Star
    Gun lobby strikes again and the Second Amendment says nothing against or about reasonable controls and registration despite how some people twist it. It says "Right to Bear Arms" period.
    1/26/2010 4:28:11 PM

No, it doesn't say "right to bear arms" period. You left out the whole "shall not be infringed" thing. Period. Stupid anti's. If you want to know if I have a magnum in my house, then I want to know if you have an expensive flat-screen TV. I have just as much right to know and yours isn't protected by the Constitution.

HB 1065 also prevent firearms from being confiscated during an emergency. This is a very, very important law.

We do not want what happened in New Orleans to happen here during an emergency situation.

I don't believe for a minute that any law would stop a confiscation.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...I don't believe for a minute that any law would stop a confiscation.
    True. How often do we say that no crime has ever been stopped by a sign, a rule, a policy, or a law forbidding it.

To the contrary, we have the laws because the crimes have been committed... kinda like closing the barn door after the horse is gone.

Blessings,
    Bill

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    So, there's a bit of a time warp going on unless I missed something. But I got the following letter in the mail today. It's dated Feb. 2, 2010.

Kathy Kreag Richardson said:
    Dear Lars,

Thank you for contacting me and bringing the mishandling of the information on the License ot carry A Hand Gun database to my attention. I appreciate the opportunity to hear your thoughts on the matter and hope to address it this session.

After myself and a number of other representatives heard about this situation, we began discussions about the best approach for protecting the rights and privacy of gun owners under these circumstances. Currently, House Bill 1068, which addresses the privacy of handgun license information, is in the House Committee on Natural Resources. Now , it is up to the committee chair whether or not this bill receives a hearing. As a supporter of the Second Amendment, I look forward to supporting this issue on the House floor if I have the opportunity.

Again, thank you for making me aware of this situation and for your thoughtful input. Please feel free to contact me with any future concerns.

Sincerely,
    Kathy Kreag Richardson

It is in response to the following letter which I wrote and mailed to her office on December 16th.

Lars said:
    Dear Representative Richardson,

I previously wrote you regarding the Herald Times in Bloomington, IN and their publishing of the License To Carry a Handgun database on their website. I expressed how this issue causes serious privacy concerns for law-abiding citizens. This provides an avenue for criminals looking for streets that are easy targets, either with a low number of known gun owners or a high likelihood of finding firearms in the home they can steal, making our streets far less safe. Allowing the list of people who are licensed to carry a handgun to be public is no different than publishing a database that says fourteen African Americans live on Brookschool Road or seventeen Jews live on 126th street. Would making such a list serve the Public’s interest at all? It would certainly make it easier for those who wish to commit hate crimes against others easier.

This database is required to be made available to the public under Indiana Code 5-14-3. I humbly request that you author or support legislation to change this code to make private the database for use by Law Enforcement Officers only in relationship to a case under investigation.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to a concerned citizen in your district. I look forward to your thoughts on this issue.

Sincerely,
    Lars

In any case I think it's as important to praise our politicians when they do follow through as it is for us to bring to their attention important issues.

Now I think it's time to lean on the Marion County City County Council, and the Mayor.

Top Bottom