• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    It appears that we have a situation on hand here.

Most of America's Contributing Population is in out rage. We are disgusted as a country, we know we have been lied to. All of this change is outrageous, no one ever intended on OBAMA owning GM, Banks, and now looking at having complete control of healthcare. If Universal Healthcare passes Obama will instantly own 60% of the medical market, and after a few yrs with changes in policy and job changes, ending of terms, he will own it all!!! He is planning on taxing the stuff out of the rich to give to the bottom feeders of America.

The only people that can stop him (the house and senate) are not effected by a single law he passes, as they get their own healthcare and funded throughout the wazoo!

My questions:

What line is too far? Dictatorship?

So what are our options? (violence isn't an option, and will get this thread shut down, please refrain) Besides players #2 and #3 would be equally as bad if not worse!!!

Tea Parties? Has protesting anything ever worked?

Writing your Congrass man? Maybe in power with significant numbers, be is this United States too lazy, and will it work?

What is a concerned American to do?

Presidental Scandal?

Signed,
    Patriot in Termoil :patriot:

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    work your State government to NULLIFY the recent federal onslaught. nullification was used by Madison and Jefferson against the Alien & Sedition acts. Contact Daniels as well as your state district rep and senator. tell them to let Washington know that we won't participate in Cap & Trade, Socialized Medicine or any other unconstitutional federal nonsense. (this means we'll have to change some things around here, including turning away federal money)

just another possible avenue to explore

LuckyBrush

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Delphi, Indiana
    work your State government to NULLIFY the recent federal onslaught. nullification was used by Madison and Jefferson against the Alien & Sedition acts. Contact Daniels as well as your state district rep and senator. tell them to let Washington know that we won't participate in Cap & Trade, Socialized Medicine or any other unconstitutional federal nonsense. (this means we'll have to change some things around here, including turning away federal money)

just another possible avenue to explore
    Well said Culpeper. I totally believe the states can be completely self sufficient. We as a state, need to declare our sovereignty from the federal government.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    When you say "Most of America's Contributing Population is in out rage", who and what are you referring to?

Obama's current approval rating is anywhere from 48% to 57% depending on which pollster you use and how up to date the poll is. It's clear that the healthcare issue is not going over well with a large number of people, but I believe that it is a stretch to say that most of the population is outraged. Of course, I'm not sure what you mean by the "Contributing Population".

I think the most prudent things to do are to attempt to create public support for your positions and encourage people to vote. It not always easy for the general population to have an immediate impact on policy making, but we can sway the direction of future elections and future policy. The important thing is that people need to be educated and to know what they are voting for.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    I watched Mike Pence talking to Gretta Van Sustern last night on FOX .

He said barry's med plan would create 53 new gov offices and would cost 1 TRILLION dollars in NEW taxes . They also talked about the MI senator who laughed at the thought of reading the plan .

It left me thinking about the Glen Beck video about 2012-14 "CIA predicts revolution " and the "bubba effect" .

How can the gov keep raising taxes when so many of us are laid off ?

The fact that barry is pushing this thing so hard and not wanting to give everyone time to fully understand it makes me think he knows it won't pass the smell test .

CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'm not sure what you mean by the "Contributing Population".
    i believe that he is referring to the roughly 50% of the voting population that actually pay any federal income taxes.
    The Tax Foundation - Both Candidates' Tax Plans Will Reduce Millions of Taxpayers' Liability to Zero (or Less)
    ff146figure1.jpg

He is not referring to those that have never worked or paid taxes yet vote to confiscate the property of others.

jayhawk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne, IN
    i believe that he is referring to the roughly 50% of the voting population that actually pay any federal income taxes.
    The Tax Foundation - Both Candidates' Tax Plans Will Reduce Millions of Taxpayers' Liability to Zero (or Less)
    ff146figure1.jpg

He is not referring to those that have never worked or paid taxes yet vote to confiscate the property of others.

Hmm...I can think of more than a couple hard working people who essentially end up paying little or nothing in taxes. I also know of some very wealthy (but hard working) people that manage to avoid paying taxes. I don't really know why taxation should determine whether or not an individual's voice matters. After all, it is quite apparent that most of us have little say in how much we pay in taxes...at least in any direct sort of way. Personally, I can say that I used to make very little (while working my way through college) and I got taxed like crazy (percentage wise) because I owned mutual funds. Now my mutual funds are basically tapped (other than my 401k), I'm married and I have a regular 40hr/wk job...my level of taxation is moderate at the most (I'm in the 15% bracket). I guess what I'm saying is that taxation (amount or percentage) doesn't necessarily reflect and individual's level of contribution to our country...at least, the way I see it.

Statistically, it would be interesting to be able to poll people based on how much they are taxed. Of course, it is difficult jus to determine party affiliation based on income and taxation (though supposedly the IRS or someone does keep statistics on this).

And for the record, I was not a fan of either Obama's plan and McCain's plan...which were eerily similar.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The only workable solution is laid out for us in the book Atlas Shrugged. The question is how bad is it going to get before the producers go Galt and where is our Galt's Gulch going to be?

Top Bottom