• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    I have used PSA to buy a lot of my small parts. They don't seem to have a lot of big things for the price I can get other places but sometimes when they run specials I can get some things from them.

Catsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    Ft Wayne
    Ordered a PSA Rifle kit on 2/17. Brown Truck delivered the kit yesterday (2/29)... Still haven't rec'd an email about "when it will ship"!!! ;) :rockwoot:

Looks like my weekend plans have just changed!!!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Buy the upper and lower separate and save some money overall.

I built a complete lower receiver with magpul furniture for $210 + $35 FFL transfer (shipping included).

They sell them pre-assembled for $299.

Something to think about if you want to be cost effective.

Also....

I just ordered a complete upper with magpul handguard for $450 + $21 shipping.

Total cost not including the P-Mag was around $715

Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    Ordered a PSA Rifle kit on 2/17. Brown Truck delivered the kit yesterday (2/29)... Still haven't rec'd an email about "when it will ship"!!! ;) :rockwoot:

Looks like my weekend plans have just changed!!!

Got my lower build kit yesterday. Will be assembling tomorrow night. Now all I need is my upper to ship!

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Just received an order from them today and missing one ammo can (420 rds) of 5.56 and one lower parts kit. On the packing slip and only one tracking number. I sent an email tonight. Will let you know how it turns out. I have purchased from them on several occasions and no problems until this one.

Palmettos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Just received an order from them today and missing one ammo can (420 rds) of 5.56 and one lower parts kit. On the packing slip and only one tracking number. I sent an email tonight. Will let you know how it turns out. I have purchased from them on several occasions and no problems until this one.

PM me your online order number and I'll have your missing items ship out today. We will make sure whoever messed up your order is appropriately reprimanded. Sorry for the inconvenience.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just noticed that the mock dissipator was back in so I made my order. I wanted FDE but the drop down menu doesn't show it so I went with black. That'll be fine since all my mags are black. I'll probably do a FDE next time. Now I just get to wait a bit.

Acole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I bought a lower during their sale around New Year's. It shipped MUCH quicker than I had expected (something like they said that they wouldn't ship till the 15th or something, but the guy shipping mine didn't get the memo and sent it out on the 7th). Not too long ago I got the MOE lower parts kit and built the lower. (Which also shipped fairly quickly, <1 week, if I'm remembering correctly).

This is my first AR, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but so far I'm impressed by the quality for the price.

More recently, I ordered a 20" upper from them a week ago, and got the "your order has shipped!" email yesterday. But the UPS tracking info says it hasn't been picked up yet. PSA's website says that my order is "Complete", so I'm not sure what's really going on with it now. Maybe UPS has just been forgetting to scan it?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I bought a lower during their sale around New Year's. It shipped MUCH quicker than I had expected (something like they said that they wouldn't ship till the 15th or something, but the guy shipping mine didn't get the memo and sent it out on the 7th). Not too long ago I got the MOE lower parts kit and built the lower. (Which also shipped fairly quickly, <1 week, if I'm remembering correctly).

This is my first AR, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but so far I'm impressed by the quality for the price.

More recently, I ordered a 20" upper from them a week ago, and got the "your order has shipped!" email yesterday. But the UPS tracking info says it hasn't been picked up yet. PSA's website says that my order is "Complete", so I'm not sure what's really going on with it now. Maybe UPS has just been forgetting to scan it?

I know when I ordered my lowers, my tracking info updated the day the order made it to the shop. We use to see the same kind of thing with UPS tracking info when I was working at a place that had a bunch of extremely time sensitive shipments.

civicisaye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2012
    Evansville
    I would highly recommend PSA. I've been nothing but happy with my build.

PSA Dissy upper
    PSA stripped lower
    PSA LPK
    Magpul MOE stock
    MOE grip
    MOE hand guard
    ASAP sling plate
    MBUS rear sight
    Millet DMS-1
    BCM Gunfighter charging handle Mod 4

IMG001.jpg
    I am in love!!! Magic Man, you have just inspired me for my first build. Hope you dont mind if I borrow your build idea. Advanced apology for the thread jack. Horn dog/ off
    ETA: it appears that PSA takes customer service very serious, as we just found out. I'm also willing to take the chance on them.

Last edited:

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    Ahhhh..... jfw just got someone fired!!! . . . . . . :laugh:

I work in a mail order business also. Heck, if someone gets fired over something like that, I would have been history a long time ago. :ugh:
    When you do a lot of volume it is easy for something like this to happen. As long as Palmetto comes through, I don't have a problem. It looks as they have really grown in the last few years and I am sure there are some growing pains, training people, ect... I'll give them a break.

Acole

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I know when I ordered my lowers, my tracking info updated the day the order made it to the shop. We use to see the same kind of thing with UPS tracking info when I was working at a place that had a bunch of extremely time sensitive shipments.

Yeah, I've ordered stuff through them twice and both times the delivery tracking was working just fine. I'll keep an eye out for it, though, in case it show up unannounced (which would be no problem whatsoever ;)).

J man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Defiance, OH area
    When ordering from the, do you need to have a FFL ready to go or do they have a list of ones on file to choose from?

Anyone know if they have any sales coming up soon, mainly on stripped lowers?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    When ordering from the, do you need to have a FFL ready to go or do they have a list of ones on file to choose from?

Anyone know if they have any sales coming up soon, mainly on stripped lowers?

When I ordered my lowers, they had a section to fill out for your dealer's info. I just called around about doing a transfer and picked one from my short list. Used his info and then emailed him to let him know the order was placed and left him their fax number. Went smoothly.

Top Bottom