• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I got my lower receiver today from PSA. I ordered a stripped lower and a lower parts kit back when they were doing the black Friday sale. I got it mostly put together. I'm waiting on some roll pin punches to come in the mail before I can put the trigger guard and bolt catch in. But I really must say this lower has exceeded my expectations. And for $49 I can not imagine a better deal. Here's a crappy picture of the progress so far. Can't wait to get this thing finished!
    003.jpg

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    That looks awesome, I'm looking at a PSA lower when it goes on sale again, for when I do my build. How how is the quality compared to other brands that cost close to double?

Homebrew

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Lovely. I bought a 16" upper on that same weekend that should be showing up any day now. My next one will use their lower.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I've got 2 that I've got to go pick up. They made it to the FFL on Saturday but it is finals week. I'll be able to make it Wednesday before class.

shavedforbattle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Evansville
    That looks awesome, I'm looking at a PSA lower when it goes on sale again, for when I do my build. How how is the quality compared to other brands that cost close to double?

The quality is excellent. I was pleasantly surprised. Let me just say that PSA is the real deal. Do not hesitate to order from them, you won't be disappointed.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    The quality is excellent. I was pleasantly surprised. Let me just say that PSA is the real deal. Do not hesitate to order from them, you won't be disappointed.

PSA is #1 on my list for a stripped lower especially at the $50 price point, #2 would be a spikes tactical lower, maybe the zombie or something.

Does anyone know if the make a safe/fire instead of the bullet pic on any of their lowers?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    PSA is #1 on my list for a stripped lower especially at the $50 price point, #2 would be a spikes tactical lower, maybe the zombie or something.

Does anyone know if the make a safe/fire instead of the bullet pic on any of their lowers?

Yes, I ordered the pictogram and the safe/fire when I ordered my 2 on black Friday.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Yes, I ordered the pictogram and the safe/fire when I ordered my 2 on black Friday.

That awesome, for me its just a personal preference. I just like the safe/fire markings, that keeps PSA at the top of the list with a 95% chance of buying next time they have a sale. Thanks for the info!

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    I kinda wish I would've picked up a second one. Never know when you might just need to build an AR!

You're lucky you didn't! I've bought a few of them and always feel the need to build them! That's how PSA gets you. They sell the lowers cheap and then you can't wait to build a bada$$ AR using their parts. They're killing my gun budget with their high quality parts and low prices!!;)

pjcalla

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Nice! I ordered mine on the Monday following Black Friday. Got an email saying they've been shipped, and I can't wait to get my paws on them.

I recently saw one of these PSA lowers next to a Noveske and a Spikes. They look fantastic. The only difference I saw was the sides of the mag well appear to be a little thinner than the Noveske, but the machining looked to be a little better. For $49, it's a no-brainer.

Now, what to build? I'm thinking an sbr in 300BLK (yes, I'm jumping on the wagon), maybe a 458 SOCOM for deer, then who knows. Any suggestions?

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    My PSA stipped lower should be in this week. The nice thing is that those lowers are still for sale at $79 a lower which is still a prety good price. I'm debating hard on what to build next. I've got a 16" M4gery, and a 16" Dissipator. I've been kind of loving on that 16" stainless flattop complete upper they've got listed, but is temporarily out of stock.

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    You know, you don't need punches to put in those roll pins.

I used a pair of channel locks and some rubber hose over the jaws. Just go slow and be careful.

Top Bottom