• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bnax

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    South Eastern Indiana
    has anyone used palmetto state armory uppers or lowers before? They seem to be a good company many people put them in the same ranks of BCM and other upper tier builders. They also seem to have some of the best prices at the moment.

Just looking for some input and or options for alternatives. I"m planning on building my first AR soon. Looking at a mid length gas system with a gov profile barrel.

I'm still trying to figure out how to determine what barrel material and twist rate to use to get the most accuracy out of the box.

Thanks

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have one of their uppers. I like it. I just ordered a second upper from them.
    They have the specs, but are growing rapidly and sometimes suffer from it.

I wouldn't quite rank them yet with BCM or other "top tier" builders. They are getting there though. They are getting better as they expand their operations.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    392   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    PSA Is Good to Go...

Last year I traded into a New-just built-unfired, PSA lower. About 6 months later came across a PSA Rifle length upper with 40-60 rounds put through.
    For me, this makes for an assembled same brand rifle that shoots well+does all that I need..Bill.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    Yes there prices are good, but customer service not so much. I made an order for a LPK and when it finally arrived, I was missing parts. After 2 weeks of calling and emails with no response, they finally picked up the phone. Was corrected then. My good friend also placed an order for a complete rifle kit. When it got to him finally a week longer then they said it would take, it was missing his magpul BUIS that he had added extra. Same thing again they would not answer the phone and never responded to email, a month later he finally got ahold of them and got his sight. He decided to give them on more try because there prices are so good, he ordered a complete rifle kit over a month ago and still hasn't revived it. Neither of us can get ahold of them by phone to inquire why. So be ware you may get the same crappy service if you order

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    Yes there prices are good, but customer service not so much. I made an order for a LPK and when it finally arrived, I was missing parts. After 2 weeks of calling and emails with no response, they finally picked up the phone. Was corrected then. My good friend also placed an order for a complete rifle kit. When it got to him finally a week longer then they said it would take, it was missing his magpul BUIS that he had added extra. Same thing again they would not answer the phone and never responded to email, a month later he finally got ahold of them and got his sight. He decided to give them on more try because there prices are so good, he ordered a complete rifle kit over a month ago and still hasn't revived it. Neither of us can get ahold of them by phone to inquire why. So be ware you may get the same crappy service if you order
    I did have a long wait on mine shipping but when I contacted them, I was told it depends on when the order was placed. I have noticed their website staes that there are shipping delays now also due to popularity. I dont think you are going to get anything as fast as you wish it would be there. I love the quality on my upper!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 6, 2009
    Jasper county
    I did have a long wait on mine shipping but when I contacted them, I was told it depends on when the order was placed. I have noticed their website staes that there are shipping delays now also due to popularity. I dont think you are going to get anything as fast as you wish it would be there. I love the quality on my upper!

It wasnt the wait I was too mad about, I understand that with the demand it's hard to keep up. I had to wait 5 months to get the upper I wanted from stag arms and didn't mind. Im just mad that they do not respond to emails and seems like they never answer there phone. It was almost impossible to get ahold of them. And the missing parts from 2 different orders..that kinda upsets me to. I don't plan on dealing with them in the future for those reasons.

malern28us

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Huntington, Indiana
    It wasnt the wait I was too mad about, I understand that with the demand it's hard to keep up. I had to wait 5 months to get the upper I wanted from stag arms and didn't mind. Im just mad that they do not respond to emails and seems like they never answer there phone. It was almost impossible to get ahold of them. And the missing parts from 2 different orders..that kinda upsets me to. I don't plan on dealing with them in the future for those reasons.
    Your frustration is understood. I had an upper built by a guy that was impossible to get ahold of. I just had to suck it up. Didnt like it, didnt want to but had to.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    From following their Facebook page, it looks like they're hiring to help with some of the delay and sometimes a little slow CS. That said, I've got a PSA rifle that I built and the specs (maybe other than using a standard trigger assembly) are along with much higher priced rifles. I looked into some of the tier 1 rifles and with being able to spec things out to be very similar, I couldn't justify paying for a tier 1 name. I haven't stretched my rifle out yet as I'm still breaking it in (school full time year round limits range time) but from the several hundred rounds I've put through it so far, it is very accurate.

They're good to go and other than needing to be a little patient, not much to worry about.

Top Bottom