• Best carry for a P238

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    I have a P238 with the Sig laser that I just love. Having small hands I like the size and the feel. The one issue I am struggling with is finding good holster options. It comes with an OK paddle from Sig that only works if you take off the laser (not much use). I have a generic ankle rig but sometimes feel like that is almost as good as leaving it at home (great for backup but not so much for primary IMO). Most manufactures seem to have over looked the factory laser and only made holsters for the CT when they do make them.

I have looked at the MiniTuck from Crossbreed as well as several pocket holsters but would love some feedback from others. I am leaning towards an IWB since my pockets are already full of other stuff. If MiniTuck is my best path I would like to hear from some others that have used it. I am concerned the two j clips would draw to much attention.

BTW - This is my first post but am looking forward to jumping in with both feet.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    Welcome in.
    I have a 238 Copperhead that I just got a couple of months ago.
    So far, the Sig IWB holster has been my favorite for summer carry.
    With a longer t-shirt, like the Diluth ones, it virtually disappears.
    I had someone very gun savy watch me while I carried it for an afternoon and they said they couldn't tell at all.
    I don't stand out like someone wearing a vest or the fanny pack, and it is alot lighter than I thought it would be.
    I have worn it to a number of functions including Wed nite church, a graduation party where I got hugged alot, Sears, Lowe's, Menards, and a night of groceries at Meijer's and I am liking it.
    I can wear it while driving and It isn't too unconfortable.
    I don't have a laser yet, but will be looking for one just to try out.
    I think the Crossbreeds are good too, but I just haven't had a chance to try them out.
    I have three pocket holsters so far, the Sig factory leather one, a Galco pocket protector for a Taurus 738 with a laser mounted and a Blackhawk ambi pocket.
    All three were bought for under $20 each, so I don't have much in them.
    I will be trying them out more when the weather changes.
    I think the Desantis will be my next try.

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    I have seen the Desantis IWB for the CT laser and was thinking it might work since it is not molded. I might give it a try. Thanks.

pinhead56

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Stoner Holsters in Middletown, OH make a good pocket holster for the back hip or front pocket... They have a plain flat leather panel that prevents 'printing'. Take a look, this link shows a generic small semi-auto, but they make the same thing for the P238. In the hip pocket, it 'prints' like an ordinary wallet

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Ended up finding a Sig branded wallet style holster on eBay. It has a block that can be removed to accommodate the laser. Nice fit but a little large. Just like every other holster. I will use it until something better comes along.

JayPea

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Youngsville
    I've been interested in the pocket holster from Sig. I have two pocket holsters (Uncle Mikes & Tuff Products) and while they work ok for cargo pants / shorts, pocket carry of the P238 seems very obvious to me when wearing slacks & sometimes jeans. For work (where I'm not in the gun friendliest of environments) I wear slacks and button ups tucked in and I've found the Crossbreed MiniTuck w/J-clips is the best concealment for me. I carry this way without a vest / jacket and even give presentations in front of 30-50 ppl this way and nobody has noticed. Even my pals who carry say its very inconspicuous and don't notice. Good luck in finding what works best for you!

mjpell

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Mooresville
    I LOVE the N28 Holster, but I didn't buy one with provisions for the laser.
    You'd have to ask them about that.

I have a P238 with the Sig laser that I just love. Having small hands I like the size and the feel. The one issue I am struggling with is finding good holster options. It comes with an OK paddle from Sig that only works if you take off the laser (not much use). I have a generic ankle rig but sometimes feel like that is almost as good as leaving it at home (great for backup but not so much for primary IMO). Most manufactures seem to have over looked the factory laser and only made holsters for the CT when they do make them.

I have looked at the MiniTuck from Crossbreed as well as several pocket holsters but would love some feedback from others. I am leaning towards an IWB since my pockets are already full of other stuff. If MiniTuck is my best path I would like to hear from some others that have used it. I am concerned the two j clips would draw to much attention.

BTW - This is my first post but am looking forward to jumping in with both feet.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    benw
    Top Bottom