• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine03

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Indy
    it just kills me how i can buy a gun get approved in 2 min walk out with it but it takes weeks to get a lil piece of paper that says i can carry it

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from applying for my LTCH in Indianapolis. They are out of paper applications, they only way to apply until they get in a new stock is online.

I'm hoping they ran out because of all the people who have been applying (and not laziness in reordering) and also that people are not disheartend when they are turned away.

Lucky for me, I just went outside to my car, got on my laptop, filled out the application and walked back inside. The same woman was behind the desk and was somewhat startled to see me back so quickly with a confirmation number...now the waiting begins.
    What are they saying about the wait now?

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    She said 4-6 weeks but we will see, that might just have been the standard reply.

That doesn't make any sense. I filed on Jan. 2 and they said 12 weeks, which sounds about right based on what we saw before the holidays and considering the rush that's been going on. That said, I hope you're right.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    I just read through the statute, and guess what? The state is REQUIRED by the law to accept or reject any application within 60 days!

Not surprising, though that isn't to say the processing time can't take forever. Honestly, once I get my license, I'm going to write in to my rep to complain about the wait time...unless of course it arrives in the next two weeks. :rolleyes:

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I filled out the on-line form Sunday night and went down to the City-County building in Indianapolis to pay the fees today. Total elapsed time from dropping quarters into the parking meter to being back at the van was 34 minutes. Least hassel I've ever had.
    I strongly recommend doing the on-line form if you can. I took a copy of my filled out form with the application number written on it with me and that seemed to speed things up.

Doug

Apply on-line at:

Application for Handgun License

Top Bottom