• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KCW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I'm just getting back in to gun ownership. Havent owned any for about 15 yrs. Getting back in to it i get fired up about every dang one i shoot, so it seems im constantly looking, pricing, obsessing!!

So here we go...

One friend just purchased an HK tactical 22, another just picked up a gsg 5, I'm kinda hard headed and set in my thoughts on 22s. My purchase will probably be the Ruger 10-22 talo.

So I ask, did the guy who bought the HK (Almost twice as much $$ as a talo) pay too much for a comparable weapon? The gsg was purchased used for about the same price as the talo is going for but he got 2 extra clips and a nice hard case. I believe he got a pretty fair deal. Am I correct?

Should I expand my horizons on my thoughts about the rugers? I just feel that they r time tested and proven, have the most aftermarket stuff, and seem to b reasonably priced.
    Of course I realize there is another option, buy one of each!!!

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Opinions are like arm pits, we all have them and they all stink on occasion.
    Get what you like what feels good to you and you can afford and then you can go out and buy something else later.

I think a 10/22 talo would be a very good choice.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I'm just getting back in to gun ownership. Havent owned any for about 15 yrs. Getting back in to it i get fired up about every dang one i shoot, so it seems im constantly looking, pricing, obsessing!!

So here we go...

One friend just purchased an HK tactical 22, another just picked up a gsg 5, I'm kinda hard headed and set in my thoughts on 22s. My purchase will probably be the Ruger 10-22 talo.

So I ask, did the guy who bought the HK (Almost twice as much $$ as a talo) pay too much for a comparable weapon? The gsg was purchased used for about the same price as the talo is going for but he got 2 extra clips and a nice hard case. I believe he got a pretty fair deal. Am I correct?

Should I expand my horizons on my thoughts about the rugers? I just feel that they r time tested and proven, have the most aftermarket stuff, and seem to b reasonably priced.
    Of course I realize there is another option, buy one of each!!!

Hard to go wrong with a 10/22 You pretty much summed it up with the highlighted statement. It also depends on what you want to do with it. I love the GSG and want one myself but it is merely for personal enjoyment not a 1st choice small game hunter IMO.

jward4570

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Henry County
    I agree on the Ruger. Reliable, upgradable, safe, and afordable. I've owned several Rugers of various types and had no trouble whatsoever from any of them.

Top Bottom