• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gearhead101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I did a quick search and didn't find a whole lot and didn't want to dig pages into a thread. What does everyone recommend for CC holsters? I have a M&P9 Pro and I'd like to start carrying concealed. I have a Black hawk Serpa holster but it isn't very comfortable and somewhat bulky and after hearing about the accidental disc charges revolving around them I'd like something new.

Thanks in advanced!

POTTSY

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    I was like you and couldn't find a cc holster thet pleased me and i bought one of the Kings holsters at the gun show and i am useing it on my springfield zd 9 as a cc holster and love it i have to wear it just above my front pants pocket but it works good and is comfortable setting or standing

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I use a Galco kingtuck. My FNP fits in the Springfield model perfect. It conceals GREAT and after if breaks in its very comfortable. A similar holster is the crossbreed.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I have made my own. :)

I honestly prefer leather. I was going to make a supertuck knockoff of my own, but I never got around to ordering the kydex, and leather working is so much fun :)

I am currently wearing one of my concoctions at about 430.

If you can find a Milt Sparks summer special 2. I'm in the process of making one, and it looks like it's going to be THE best I've got. Only problem with mine I'm wearing now is that I made it inside out. Should've made the rough side out for IWB. Live and learn LOL

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I swear by my Mitch Rosen. I have the "Workman" model. It is an IWB model, and is made so you can still tuck in your shirt. You have to order for your gun, its handcrafted. Which also means you'll have to wait for them to make it.
    My EDC is a S&W M&P 40c.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I found a nice Tagua holster at Indy Trading Post for less than $40 and it has served me well for CC. There may be a few holster snobs that look down on them---MEH... I use my Serpa for OC and haven't had a single problem with mine.

picture.php

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    The "CB (Countryboy)" by RGrizzleLeather.com. Worth every penny, and a higly competitive price compared to bigger names that have more-expensive advertising.

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    The Blackhawk takes some getting used to but I think it is fine for cc. The discharges are from idiots not indenting their finger and going strait to the trigger on a draw. I practice dry firing for about a month or so before I ran live fire drills with it. Fobus is a good choice to as far as paddle holsters. Some guys prefer leather and there are some great companies that make solid leather and kydex to. It all boils down to person preference and what you are comfortable with, for me it's Blackhawk.

GTM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    Bloomington +/- 20 miles
    ^^^^^
    Me too. I tried Crossbreed Supertuck first and liked them but after I bought my first MTAC I now have 3 of them.

I own three Supertucks, but my next purchase will be an MTAC. By the time I get my Supertuck the way I like it, I might as well have purchased an MTAC. I hate the Crossbreed metal clips from a concealment point-of-view, they draw too much attention. I've actually replaced mine with the Comptac polymer clips that come with the MTAC. Add on the combat cut which (I believe) is standard on an MTAC and I might as well purchased the MTAC.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I did a quick search and didn't find a whole lot and didn't want to dig pages into a thread. What does everyone recommend for CC holsters? I have a M&P9 Pro and I'd like to start carrying concealed. I have a Black hawk Serpa holster but it isn't very comfortable and somewhat bulky and after hearing about the accidental disc charges revolving around them I'd like something new.

Thanks in advanced!

you want kydex or leather? If leather, I would check out Brigade Leathers IWB holster options.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    I'm a fan of Taqua holsters....I've owned several....they're very well made and reasonably priced(average $40),for those of us who cant afford the Rosens,Crossbreeds,Humes,etc.

gearhead101

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    As of right now I don't personally have a material preference since I've never dealt with holsters prior. The M&P9 Pro I bought is my first handgun. If I get real serious about carrying I'll likely get a M&Pc for an EDC.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    The Blackhawk takes some getting used to but I think it is fine for cc. The discharges are from idiots not indenting their finger and going strait to the trigger on a draw. I practice dry firing for about a month or so before I ran live fire drills with it. Fobus is a good choice to as far as paddle holsters. Some guys prefer leather and there are some great companies that make solid leather and kydex to. It all boils down to person preference and what you are comfortable with, for me it's Blackhawk.
    I agree. I carry with a BlackHawk! Serpa and have no issues or concerns with it. The last couple nights I have messed around with trying to get my finger into the trigger area during a draw and I just don't see how it is possible. Either my index finger is way longer than the idiots in question, or they are doing something completely wrong (and when I say completely, I mean COMPLETELY). :dunno:

However, to answer the OP's original question. If you are looking for an IWB holster, I always suggest the MTAC.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon

Can't add much more than this. With Raven's Phantom the way their retention on the holster works will allow you to carry any smaller version of a pistol in the larger pistol's holster...for example if you buy a Raven for an M&P9 5" barrel gun you can then carry any version smaller like the 4.25" Pro or even their M&P9c. I swap back and forth between my M&P models in the same holster and it works like a charm.

Top Bottom