• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    I see that some of the Fiochi and Wolf primers are coming on the market back at reasonable prices, I've never used these brand of primers, I've talked to one very knowledgble reloader and says the wolf are OK but seem to have some slow ignition at cold temps. ( I 100% believe him he's above recrimination) so I was wondering about just getting some wolf primers for some of the high round count classes coming up where they won't have time to get cold.

Anyone else had any experience with the primers.

If the primers are ok for blasting ammo then I'll get some, if not I'll wait for Rem,win to come to thier senses

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Note: I'm not a reloader

however, if Fiocchi primers are anything at all like their finished ammunition products, I'd not think twice about buying it.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have used Wolf with no problems in several k rounds loaded. I am not sure I would trust them for carry ammo or precision ammo as they don't have the track record others do, but for plinking ammo or practice ammo I have no issues with them. Anything that both frees up the supply of higher quality primers and encourages the manufacturers to keep prices down is good with me!

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Same here on the Wolf primers. I have had a few duds, but they went bang the second time thru, and being I set my primers by hand, I will take the blame for those. At 18 bucks a thousand, I'm thinking I need some more.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    Loaded Wolf SRM for the AR in 3000 loads, no problems, they seem to be as much or consistant with the CCI Milspec 5.56 primers. Shot'em in this horrible heat as well as with snow on the ground. I'm buying a boat load more when the time comes.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    wolf small pistol primers are hard some folks with aftermarket striker springs have had issues. other than that I think they are fine.
    No experience with fiochi

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Wolf large Pistol primers are hard, no denying. Light striking guns may not set them off. Hammer fired guns that aren't excessively skeletal will be fine. Wolf small rifle primers are great. I've shot thousands with no trouble.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I've used Wolf large pistol primers with no problem. I prefer Winchester, but I'll buy Wolf again with no hesitation if the price is right.

I've not used Fiochi primers, in fact didn't know they sold components. But it is some of my all time favorite ammo, and I'd love to try their primers, again if the price is comparable to other brands.

Top Bottom