• OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    OPERATION: SOLACE
    [sol-is] : comfort in sorrow, misfortune, or trouble; alleviation of distress or discomfort

A recent story in the UK Times: “American troops in Afghanistan losing heart, say army chaplains”

Freedom Group of America has launched a letter writing campaign to tell our Men and Women in the battlefield that they are not forgotten. That we are humbled by their sacrifice. We can only imagine what they are going through. Let them know that while they are protecting our freedoms from our foreign enemies that their efforts are not in vain. We are protecting their freedoms and liberties here at home. Let them know that we’ve got their back!!

Take a moment out of your day and express what’s in your heart. Write a letter to a soldier. Uplift them with your words, your support and your respect. Let them know that you’re praying for them and wish them a safe return. These are our Fathers, our Mothers, our Brothers and Sisters. They are Husbands, Wives, Sons and Daughters. They are American Soldiers. They are protecting our Freedoms. We need to let them know that they are in our hearts, minds and prayers.

Write one letter or a hundred. Write a different one each day for 30 days. Help spread the word. Write your local paper. Call the radio station. Tell your school, your church, your employer. Email everyone you know. Post it on forums, blogs, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter…EVERYWHERE!
    We wish to honor our military personnel and hope you will participate in this effort.

This writing campaign ends December 1st, 2009 (For Christmas Delivery)
    Handwritten letters are the most heartfelt and appreciated expression of solace by our soldiers.

Mail your handwritten letters to:
    Freedom Group of America
    c/o Operation Solace
    P.O. Box 1062
    Greenwood, IN 46142

You can also email your typed letters to: operationsolace@gmail.com
    We will print off your letters and send them with the others.
    Volunteers can download a pdf version of this flier for distribution at:
    OperationSolace

~ May God Bless America and her Warriors ~

Freedom Group of America

:patriot:

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    It's nice to get stuff like this ocassionally. They always come around Christmas by the loads. Some of them are pretty comical as well.

My buddy got a card from a local church. The second sentence was "You are forgotten." We all had a good laugh.

The best ones are from little kids though because they don't really know how to word what they want to say thought their intentions are good. Like one I got last deployment said "I'm glad you are over there to die for me so I don't have to."

bm9mm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like a great cause I'm not sure how much positive input I would be able to give about the way things are going back home though. I am however greatful for there service but I think it would be nice for them to know there government is behind them.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Sounds like a great cause I'm not sure how much positive input I would be able to give about the way things are going back home though. I am however greatful for there service but I think it would be nice for them to know there government is behind them.

I don't think the gov't is behind most citizens besides the troops. But I do think writing letters to let troops know that they are supported by everyone else would be very helpful.

There is a link to a downloadable pdf or feel free to copy and paste the first post and post on any and every forum you can to spread the word. The more letters the better.

:patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'll get my family to help. Plus I passed this on to the Indy Defenders of Liberty (Tea Party Patriots) and I'm SURE you'll get a great response from them.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    anyone else? Post if you are going to do this or spread it around so we can keep this alive.

Also, if you do decide to write a letter before the Indy1500 the Freedom Group of America will have a booth there and you can drop it off if you want. If nothing else stop over and say hi. I will be at the booth Sat. 1pm - 6pm

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Flyers for this are at the gun show!! Stop by and say hi, grab a flyer or a couple and pass them out to anyone who might be interested. Located across from Fort Liberty Firearms against the wall on the North end of the building.

Top Bottom