• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Gun owners hating on other gun owners for exercising their rights. I love it. Excuse me while I go hide in the closet for fear of offending someone else. Those damn gays, how dare they. Let's all hide all of our guns and determine how the person next to us should defend themselves. Oh that would be a wonderful country.

No hate here....just common sense. Do you not see this????

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    You may not have been in possession of the long gun but you were a part of this. You knew it was going to happen. You went there with the intent of it happaning and you were a major part of it happening....yes or no.

If I met friends for a burger and one was sporting a long gun one of two things would happen...(1) he would not take it inside or (2) I would call him a freaking idiot, leave and never let him/her around me again. This action was ridiculous and I believe staged for the effect you desired and got. There is a 3rd possibility that involves surgically removing the rifle from the lower unit but that would involve a violent action on my part.
    Please Do me a favor, you and those idiots stay south east of us.
    While I respect your conviction, I don't feel it is my place to tell someone else how they should choose to defend themselves. Maybe you feel comfortable making decisions for others, I however do not.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I believe them over you. Period. If that makes me a bad person, I'll own that.
    No, I understand that. You have history with them and have no reason to believe me. But that doesn't mean that you should draw conclusions and tout them as fact for everyone else when you weren't there. And just so we're clear, the only shenanigan you were speaking of was me having a handgun in the place I lived, correct?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    While I respect your conviction, I don't feel it is my place to tell someone else how they should choose to defend themselves. Maybe you feel comfortable making decisions for others, I however do not.

Emotions are high on these topics and yes, easy to get over the top as I may have gone.

I will not tell you or those men how to defend themselves. It is their right to choose. As I stated up thread....a side arm is most always enough. If not there were 3 of you together....yes!!

I spent more time working in areas that most folks would never consider going into period. Never more than a sidearm. Yes, had to brandish it a few times but never more than that. Never felt the need for a long gun. Was there a threat in the McD's that warranted this action. I only ask this as you mentioned defense. There are a few burger joints in indy that you may feel this is necessary but I really doubt it in this instance.

I have ran my pie hole enough. You know I am just stating my feelings from common sense and the limits we should put on ourselves.

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Was there a threat in the McD's that warranted this action. I only ask this as you mentioned defense. There are a few burger joints in indy that you may feel this is necessary but I really doubt it in this instance.
    I have ran my pie hole enough. You know I am just stating my feelings from common sense and the limits we should put on ourselves.
    Turns out there wasn't that day. But if we knew when we would encounter a threat and what that threat would be, we wouldn't need to carry in the first place, would we?

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    No hate here....just common sense. Do you not see this????

Common sense? I do not like that phrase. But lets go with it. Common sense says that pistol rounds are **** poor performers compared to a rifle round. Therefore if someone wants to defend themselves with a rifle where they go, I would call that common sense. I do not carry an AR15 around, but I have no problem with those that do. I think it is a good thing. The more the public sees someone with a gun NOT breaking any laws, the more comfortable with guns they will become. Simple conditioning. Now, carrying a firearm for attention and then complaining about that attention is ridiculous. But to those who carry rifles to get attention, good for you and carry on. Just don't break any laws while you are doing it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Common sense? I do not like that phrase. But lets go with it. Common sense says that pistol rounds are **** poor performers compared to a rifle round. Therefore if someone wants to defend themselves with a rifle where they go, I would call that common sense. I do not carry an AR15 around, but I have no problem with those that do. I think it is a good thing. The more the public sees someone with a gun NOT breaking any laws, the more comfortable with guns they will become. Simple conditioning. Now, carrying a firearm for attention and then complaining about that attention is ridiculous. But to those who carry rifles to get attention, good for you and carry on. Just don't break any laws while you are doing it.

You are of course entitled to those opinions.
    Rational thought (lets try that one OK) says this was not a wise decision right/wrong or indifferent.
    Keep freaking out the soccer moms and we can and will become California.

I am not hiding my head in the sand....I am looking at the world as it exists. So many in power want to strip us of these fragile rights and will try to do so at every opportunity.
    If you feel the need to protect and defend then do so....but to do this in a family burger joint is not Rational.

Legal, yes. Within Ind code/law, yes. Defendable in court, yes.

Rational.....absolutely not and this is of course JMHO came to rationally......

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Just because you can doesn't mean it's always a good idea.

span7.jpg
    Trying to type anything funnier then this picture. I got nothing, camel toe Elvis has left me speechless.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    Unfortunately we cant all agree on this topic.

and unfortunately if incidents like this keep happening the only thing we will agree upon is fighting to restore gun right here in Indiana as we well eventually lose them if these idiotic stunts keep happening.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Love ya, man...
    BUT,
    I feel compelled to reiterate my feelings on the matter.
    People strapping on AR's and AK's and eating in restaurants to make a point will only have a long term result in laws being passed that further limit our freedoms.
    IMHO
    The open carry hand guns is one thing, but the rifle? To me, unless there is a serious case of civil unrest going on from coast to coast, I think that was just a tad over the top. But, to each his own.:twocents:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Unfortunately we cant all agree on this topic.

As with about any topic there are several ways to look at it. I respect yours and will stand with you in defense of that view point.
    I am just looking at an ever changing climate in this country. I want my Grand kids to be able to shoot.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Since we're deconstructing language...

Common sense? I do not like that phrase. But lets go with it. Common sense says that pistol rounds are **** poor performers compared to a rifle round .

I agree, a rifle round is superior to the pistol round (we won't talk about offensive and defensive applications)

Therefore if someone wants to defend themselves with a rifle where they go, I would call that common sense.

You believe that carrying a rifle for EDC is common sense (cool, that's your opinion)

I do not carry an AR15 around, but I have no problem with those that do.

You do not carry a rifle, which means either you don't have one, or you don't have common sense. It's either one or the other. There's no third option. Now if by chance you do have a rifle, and doth protest being assumed to not have common sense, I'd like to hear your reasonings as to why you do not employ the "common sense" option.

I think it is a good thing.

This basic simply reiterates that you think having a long gun for EDC isn't bad idea, and in fact is preferrable to the OC'ing or CC'ing of a handgun.

So if "common sense" is a good thing, why don't you follow your own advice?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    So the part about your "legal firearm inside your legal dwelling" wasn't in University owned/operated housing where your contract for housing forbids firearms? I don't defend the "blue line" wholesale but there are a few cops in this world who I trust to tell me the truth 100% of the time and one of them happens to be familiar with you and your shenanigans. It is not me or them who has stretched the truth, embellished the truth, or omitted important details to bend the story to my "cause".
    Sorry but I don't trust anyone 100% especially people who need to cover their ass for a job. I know this is gonna be sore for some but I don't mean it in that way, but I remember the cops on here who were 100% behind bissard at first too. So just because your buddies with some of those cops, I'm still not buying what their selling for That reason alone. But I'm not 100% gonna buy the ops story either. They say the truth always lies in the middle. Cops lie, civilians lie. But if what he said is true then there's some stank going on in the vpd

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    So the part about your "legal firearm inside your legal dwelling" wasn't in University owned/operated housing where your contract for housing forbids firearms? I don't defend the "blue line" wholesale but there are a few cops in this world who I trust to tell me the truth 100% of the time and one of them happens to be familiar with you and your shenanigans. It is not me or them who has stretched the truth, embellished the truth, or omitted important details to bend the story to my "cause".
    ok, now we can close the thread. I've heard all I need to know. Time to add another idiot to the ignore list. I have zero desire to read any more of his BS.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I don't need to "cover my ass for my job" any more than you do. I act righteously when I am at work and if I make a mistake, I own that mistake. Covering **** up is for cowards and liars.

Top Bottom