• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fubanator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Can anyone share thier experiences on open carrying in Crown Point. Looking for feedback on how this is percieved by LEO's

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I live in Crown Point, but I've never run into a Crown Point LEO while carrying. I DID run into a Lake County deputy at the Walgreens on Main and Summit and he insisted that I couldn't open carry and get this, couldn't carry with a round in the chamber. He never really pressed either issue after I told him he was incorrect, just looked at my LTCH and left.

I OC all the time, but that was my only negative interaction. OH, I did have a clerk at the gun counter at Gander Mountain by the mall tell me that Indiana was a concealed-carry only state, but I didn't feel like arguing at the time.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I OC all around Crown Point. I've only had one interaction, at Wallgreens, the clerk said "Nice, is that a Sig?" I said "Yeah a P226." He said "sweet, that's what I'm getting next. Have a nice day." Me"You too, take care." At which point I've left

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    I just started wearing OWB holster for my 1911, but most of the time I have my shirt untucked. I've OC'd at main street cafe with a couple of regular clothed coppers there. Not a word was said to me.

Glock22-27

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    I OC all over Merrillville, CP, Schereville, Hobart, etc. no issues besides 5/3 bank manager insisting it was illegal cause his bank was a federal instition. I laughed in his face and said alrighty then bud.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I don't OC generally, but I cc pretty sloppily, I carry a 3" 1911 owb most of the time with an untucked shirt, Most ppl wouldn't have a clue what the lump under my shirt is unless they carry too, it shows pretty bad sometimes when I'm sitting but I don't care, never had anyone "call me out" tho

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I open carry alot in northern lake and porter cos. My only issue was the fella who simply asked if I had a "CCW" at Bass Pro in Portage, which I corrected him.

Portage is the only town that really concerns me when it comes to OC.

Top Bottom