• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    If you had to choose only one gun for the rest of your life, no limitations except the destruction of every other firearm you have. What one gun would you keep, or aquire? Just humor the thread nay-sayers!:ar15:

Mine: Rem 870

With 2 barrels this gun provides food, and protection. Can do the same with just 1 barrel!:patriot:

Ok if ammo is not an issue I would choose my Shotgun If all the ammo was also going to be gone like I had to store ammo for the rest of my life then a 10/22....

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    After looking over the poll I had to go with the shotgun. Simply too much versitility. You can hunt anything in the state, you can defend you home, shooting clay pigeons is fun, they are for the most part politically correct.

However, and I know that I am breaking the rules here. I just can not imagine a gun owner not having a .22 rimfire.

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I voted for the mag style semi auto. If there would have been a place for O/U probably would have went with that for my Savage 222/20ga best of both worlds ?

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    I could do a lot with my 870 as well as the AR 10... A pistol is also good to have as well. How could I just pick one :laugh: The most versatile small game food getter that I don't have yet is the .22lr. With the amount of ammo you can get for the .22 - that might be my pick ... maybe a Rem. 597?

Last edited:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Glock 19. Honestly, I hardly ever shoot my long guns. I doubt that I will ever NEED my AK, AR or shotgun, but I DO carry a handgun on a daily basis. A shotgun or rifle may be better for harvesting game or defending the castle, but the G19 can also do that in a pinch. The long gun can't go with me while I'm out and about. Glock 19 FTW! :)

elliot454

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    I can see the interest in the 870's, but a tube fed marlin or remington .22 will kill about anything a shotgun will, and 20000 rounds will last a very long time and take up a very small space. No mag to lose, and not as loud, so not to be zoned in on as easily.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Heres my thought. S has really HTF. With a 16" upper ( assuming I have a few optics) for close combat to long range I dont think you could go wrong. You can kill any type of game in my area with it and a decent piece of glass. Then change out the optic to an aimpoint or something comperable you have a CQB weapon. The 870 would be a good for both hunting and self defense, but in a self defense case I dont think I would want to have to be that close to someone to use it effectively. The only up side with a pump action weapon would be the fact that mech. failure would be very very slight. I still think I would take my chances with the AR. GOOD POLL!!

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    My Yugo M48.

Long range ability (to make up for all the shotguns, LOL), and the 8mm can take out anything. Very rugged, durable, and very accurate with iron sites (to scope to break).

Top Bottom