• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I'm glad to see everyone playing nicely!!! Good thoughts here...interesting no GLOCK or XD fame going on. I might have to change my answer as there is going to be a shortage in shells!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Just one? Well, for me I think it'd either be an M1A1, or an HK 91.

You can take game with it as necessary, and its definately a serious round for self defense. While its not as versatile for hunting as a 12 gauge would be, it definately beats it for longer range work.

XFCTR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Columbus
    I just had to vote for shotgun. I thot of all the weapons I have and the shotgun is the one that has a direct use beside being prepared for anything. I hunt so the shotgun provides for my family in that mode and I think most will agree the shotgun, especially a good pump, is a good deterant and good for deffence of the home. I have always wanted the 870 combo with shot and slug barrell. Now that is useful especially in Indiana.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I voted shotgun, but am really undecided. Out of the shotguns I've got I dont know if I could trust my Mav 88 with being the only gun I'd ever have. If not that it'd prob either be my SKS cause that would be very versatile both for home protection and hunting. Or my 357 mag taurus model 608 with 6 1/2" ported heavy barrell, 8 shot cap.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Whatever gun was in my hand when they came to destroy my others. Probably a brief fight, but a good one :D

But if I had to choose one gun to buy ammo for because of being broke, it would be a .22.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I went against my better nature. I going to say the shotty. And I dont even own one. But givin the power and versitillity of a shotgun shell. The fact that they can even be made into shot-grenades. Any one ever see what flashets do? I would want a converted saiga 12g :)

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I'm going with the pistol. I'd prefer the 1911.

My reasoning is that, if I'm forced to give up my guns, the one I have will need to stay hidden on my person. Sort of maybe a "Liberator" type pistol, only much better quality.

Josh <><

econnell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Story (Brown Co)
    I'd have to say a stoner 63, it can be belt fed, or magazine, interchange the barrel, could be transformed into a rifle,carbine or machine gun, gas operated and can be fired from the open bolt position.....If i had my choice it would be this!

alan robert

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Indiana
    The AK is my favorite. But, now that the AR15 comes in a piston upper also, I would say the AR15. The upper selection in this platform are endless, today. There is .22lr, 9mm, .45, 5.45x39, 7.62x39, 6.5 grendel, 6.8spc, .223/5.56, to name a few choices.

I think someone even tried a shotgun upper, but I am not sure.

Last edited:

rtfisher1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Anderson
    I'm thinking I may go with a handgun, for quick reloading, and could still hunt some...might be interesting to hunt squirrel and rabbit with a .357! (albeit a bit messy!)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm thinking I may go with a handgun, for quick reloading, and could still hunt some...might be interesting to hunt squirrel and rabbit with a .357! (albeit a bit messy!)

Don't use the magnums. Remember, a .357 revolver can also shoot .38 Specials. .38 wadcutters and light loaded semi-wadcutters make marvelous small game rounds. Anchor the critter beautifully, and very little waste.

Turn Key

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well I guess I'll be the first for a Glock. I'd go G19 due to the Ammo hording that's supposedly going on right now. I'd be able to easily barter for other peoples 9mm ammo due to my cache' of Bacon that I've been hording.

Ammo for Bacon, done deal! :D

TK :ingo:

Top Bottom