• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    What? You mean my private education? Unbelievable.

When you get your ass kicked in a history debate, just accuse the other kicking your ass of going to a government school.

Making stuff up, just like the Neo-Confederates do. It's like there is a pattern present or something.:D

Your "private" school did not accept federal grants or federal student loans?

Which part of the article(s) I posted are "made up"?

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Always a purity test with the INGOtarians. Always. Politics over fact, always with this bunch.

So your "private" school wasn't really "private"?

OK. Maybe you had the perception that it was and after all, that's what matters. What's that old saying... Oh yeah..."perception is reality"...never mind that reality is reality despite perception.

I do appreciate your response.

Which part of the articles(s) I posted are "made up"?

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Slavery, the "peculiar institution, was indeed a reason.

For what reason did Lincoln go to war against those choosing to walk away?

What reason did he use to justify the deaths of over 600,000 people?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Slavery, the "peculiar institution, was indeed a reason.

For what reason did Lincoln go to war against those choosing to walk away?

What reason did he use to justify the deaths of over 600,000 people?

Well, the initial justification was the firing on of Ft. Sumter, a foreign encampment in another nation.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Well, the initial justification was the firing on of Ft. Sumter, a foreign encampment in another nation.

A foreign encampment which South Carolina attempted to purchase, along with settling its portion of the national debt. Lincoln refused to meet with the ambassadors to discuss the purchase or debt settlement.

Instead, Lincoln attempted a trespass as an instigation.

Regardless, does an incident that results in zero loss of life, save for a mule, justify the killing of over 600,000?

Nah.

What was Lincoln's reason?

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Lots of arguring over history. seems that some know about some books, others know about other books. What we should be doing is banding together in the name of freedom, and stop the bickering. This country is in a dire situation. How bout this, we freed slaves. PERIOD. ok, now lets move on to less gov't, WAYYYYY lower taxes. Thats just a start

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Lots of arguring over history. seems that some know about some books, others know about other books. What we should be doing is banding together in the name of freedom, and stop the bickering. This country is in a dire situation. How bout this, we freed slaves. PERIOD. ok, now lets move on to less gov't, WAYYYYY lower taxes. Thats just a start

But, what if we just wanted to discuss the war crimes of General Sherman during the civil war?

What if freeing slaves had absolutely nothing to do with this topic?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    But, what if we just wanted to discuss the war crimes of General Sherman during the civil war?

How crazy. Actually wanting to discuss the OP instead of Kirk's derailment.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

That would be unheard of here on INGO. Most threads are filled with ADD posters who didn't even bother to read the OP, just Kirks attacks on people.

Personally, I think that Sherman was a war criminal of the first class and, if a world court or Neuremberg type tribunal could have been held afterwards (if the Union actually were a moral and just union) he would have been hanged. The north made a common practice of raping, looting and pillaging and going after non-combatants. Not saying they didn't get caught in the crosshairs in some of the battles with the South, too, but the Southerners didn't make it a common practice.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Both sides did their fair share or atrocities.
    Sherman said war is hell then went on to prove it.
    The victor does not usually punish those who helped them win.
    Most of the battles were in the south so most of the damage was to the south.

The one fact not in dispute, the north won.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome

Of course, that might require engaging in a discussion that challenges heroic icons, an examination of underlying forces, and (perhaps most frightening of all) critical thinking.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    It is simple minded to believe that an entire nation of people had one unified purpose for fighting a war.

"the confederacy believed this", "the union believed that" as if either were a single being with desires and intentions.

The term "revisionist history" is a joke too. History is always contested, always revised. The recent shooting in Ferguson happened only a few months ago and already there has been a fierce competition to create the historical account.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I went to a public school, am very libertarian minded, have read all 13 ordinances of secession including the two that were passed by "legislatures" that were not lawfully elected by the citizenry, just about every primary history both north and south from that war including an 1866 original printing of "The Lost Cause", lived in the south most of my life, had direct line ancestry on both sides, and I am not afraid to say that the south was very wrong.

I will also say this right now. Any Libertarian that is in defense of human bondage, or those in favor of such, in any form is an outright hypocrite, and not at all Libertarian.

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    I went to a public school, am very libertarian minded, have read all 13 ordinances of secession including the two that were passed by "legislatures" that were not lawfully elected by the citizenry, just about every primary history both north and south from that war including an 1866 original printing of "The Lost Cause", lived in the south most of my life, had direct line ancestry on both sides, and I am not afraid to say that the south was very wrong.

I will also say this right now. Any Libertarian that is in defense of human bondage, or those in favor of such, in any form is an outright hypocrite, and not at all Libertarian.

I have yet to see anybody speaking in defense of slavery.

What's your opinion of the expanded central government and the substitute of union by force for union by choice resulting from Lincoln's actions?

What are your opinions regarding his breaches of the Constitution of the united States?

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    lol. I actually lol'd.

Get used to it, man. Trying to get him to have any kind of a reasonable discussion is like trying to give a feral cat a bubble bath.
    I thought I was going to wake the wife up laughing at this. Thanks a lot.
    Maybe since wadcutter is new, it says when I looked 10 posts, he may not be aware that Mr Freeman is an attorney. I'm not sure I have ever gotten a straight answer out of an attorney, even the ones working for me.

Top Bottom