• ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    For the fifth time.

In spite of your wilful and wanton evasion of the question, I ask you you again where did I make any statement about the motivations of the North in this thread?

You are not answering because you cannot answer.

Your question to me, as I have repeatedly said, is ahistorical as to be construed as nonsense.

Then I apologize for not being able to understand your response. Would you kindly rephrase your answer in more accessible terms?

Again, the act of firing upon United States property as the CSA did meets the definition of an act of war.

wagyu52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner
    Isn't it true that Abraham Lincoln never sent Jefferson Davis correspondence of any sort assuring the Confederate States of America that they would permanently be free from all interference or intrusion by the North if the CSA were immediately to abolish slavery?

trick question, right!?! What do I win.
    Lincoln never recognized the CSA as a legitimate government, as a matter of fact no country ever recognize the CSA as a nation.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Not only did Lincoln and the world not recognize the Confederate States of America as legitimate, Lincoln purposefully disrespected the CSA--initially rejected peace envoys from Davis, never received letters from Davis (or Stephens), insisting that they be properly called "insurgents", inter alia: Why Abraham Lincoln Refused To Respect Jefferson Davis

The whole notion of Lincoln sending letters to traitors is insipid.

Well, according to your view of the case we are all guilty of treason, and liable to be hanged.”

After a brief pause, Mr. Lincoln replied, “Yes, that is so.”

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Isn't it true that Abraham Lincoln never sent Jefferson Davis correspondence of any sort assuring the Confederate States of America that they would permanently be free from all interference or intrusion by the North if the CSA were immediately to abolish slavery?

And for the last time time, Lincoln did not send any such moronic letter as Davis was simply the leader of the insurgents against the United States government. He was nothing more than a bandit, liable to be hanged upon capture like any other criminal.

I characterize the whole notion that Lincoln was sending any letters to Davis as ahistorical drivel, likely from a Neo-Confederate comic book.

wadcutter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    And for the last time time, Lincoln did not send any such moronic letter as Davis was simply the leader of the insurgents against the United States government. He was nothing more than a bandit, liable to be hanged upon capture like any other criminal.

Mr. Freeman,

In support of your claim, please reference any designs the Confederate States of America had to topple the government in Washington and replace the US government with the CS government.

Please also reference any designs the Confederate States of America had to force northern states into the CSA.

I characterize the whole notion that Lincoln was sending any letters to Davis as ahistorical drivel, likely from a Neo-Confederate comic book.

Is this an admission that Abraham Lincoln never sent Jefferson Davis correspondence of any sort assuring the Confederate States of America that they would permanently be free from all interference or intrusion by the North if the CSA were immediately to abolish slavery?

Last edited:

wadcutter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Mr. Freeman.

If you please, could you please clarify your views on secession.

If on Monday morning, 12/1/2014, a state voted to secede from the United States of America, would such secession be an act of war?

If on Monday morning, 12/1/2014, a state voted to secede from the United States of America, would such secession be an act of treason?

If on Monday morning, 12/1/2014, a state voted to secede from the United States of America, would such secession be an act of insurgency?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk is on record that supporters of secession should be shot in the head.

Supporters of Treason. It's in the Constitution.

Do you need my help in learning about Treason? I'm guessing yes.

If on Monday morning, 12/1/2014, a state voted to secede from the United States of America, would such secession be an act of war?

If on Monday morning, 12/1/2014, a state voted to secede from the United States of America, would such secession be an act of treason?

If on Monday morning, 12/1/2014, a state voted to secede from the United States of America, would such secession be an act of insurgency?

There is a process for parts of states to secede and form their own state in the Constitution. That is not an act of insurgency.

The Confederate States of America did no such thing. The CSA made war on the United States of America. That is Treason. That is an act of insurgency.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Is this an admission that Abraham Lincoln never sent Jefferson Davis correspondence of any sort assuring the Confederate States of America that they would permanently be free from all interference or intrusion by the North if the CSA were immediately to abolish slavery?

So, you have no interest in history and this is some drivel from L. Neil Smith or the like, I see.

If you had read anything you know that the CSA could not abolish slavery. There was no moronic letter to Davis as he was merely a bandit chief. Bandits who declared war on the United States of America to save their beloved institution of slavery.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Indeed.

He demonstrates well the desired product of state programming, er...education.

The Image of the State: How History Becomes Propaganda? and Doesn?t Make Sense | Casey Research

Another Lib Rag. Just like the one you started with.
    Don't you guys read any other sources? You know, non-bias? The TRUTH?
    How come I never see any Religious Libertarian sites? Do they only believe in themselves?

You keep reading this crap, you might actually start believing it............oh......sorry......too late...:(

Henry

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2014
    Athome
    Another Lib Rag. Just like the one you started with.
    Don't you guys read any other sources? You know, non-bias? The TRUTH?
    How come I never see any Religious Libertarian sites? Do they only believe in themselves?

You keep reading this crap, you might actually start believing it............oh......sorry......too late...:(

Is it safe to say then that, in your opinion, state funded and state regulated education systems do not manipulate how history is taught for the benefit of the state?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    He demonstrates well the desired product of state programming, er...education.

What? You mean my private education? Unbelievable.

When you get your ass kicked in a history debate, just accuse the other kicking your ass of going to a government school.

Making stuff up, just like the Neo-Confederates do. It's like there is a pattern present or something.:D

Top Bottom