• Wan't Chicago to get olympics?

• Total voters

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

Seriously, I think its a bad move because it will cost the city $4.7 Billion, when they annual budget on of Chicago on a normal year is $8 Billion. Its all on the taxpayers heads. What a wonderful excuse for a permanent tax hike.

Maybe they'll make up for the extra costs by cutting some spending programs.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I'm torn. One the one hand it'll make getting to work a PITA, on the other hand I could take a LOA and rent out my house during the olympics and probably make a few dollars.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Nope.

I actually like the idea of the Olympics being in the United States, but Chicago is an absolutely horrible representation of the United States.

And yes, I do hate Oprah. That could be psychologically half the reason. Actually, it could be most of the reason. :D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Some lady said on Rush today that she googled and found out that a lot of these run down buildings are owned by bamo supporters? Apparantly these buildings will be bought for Olympics projects and the cronies are going to get rich?

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Some lady said on Rush today that she googled and found out that a lot of these run down buildings are owned by bamo supporters? Apparantly these buildings will be bought for Olympics projects and the cronies are going to get rich?

dog1.jpg

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Chicago Eliminated in 1st Round 4 2016 Olympics

Title says it all :rockwoot:

Shocker! Chicago eliminated in 2016 voting

Lobbying by Obamas goes for naught; Rio, Madrid remain alive

COPENHAGEN - In a stunning development, Chicago was the first city eliminated on Friday in IOC voting to be host city for the 2016 Summer Olympics.

Earlier, Chicago, Tokyo, Rio de Janeiro and Madrid made final pitches to the International Olympic Committee, with President Barack Obama and Brazilian counterpart Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva pitting their star power against each other in emotional pushes for their cities.

Rio and Chicago’s presentations were particularly impassioned. Obama and his wife Michelle both talked about their childhood, while Rio urged the IOC’s members to be bold by taking the games to South America for the first time.

Tokyo presented itself as the best city for the athletes, safe and environmentally pioneering. Former IOC president Juan Antonio Samaranch made an unusual appeal for Madrid, reminding the IOC members as he asked for their vote that, at age 89, “I am very near the end of my time.”
    The 103 members started voting electronically in a secret ballot at 5:10 p.m. (1510 GMT). The vote was to take up to 30 minutes. Cities will be eliminated one-by-one until one secures a majority.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom