Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Olympic Weightlifter Unexpectedly Gives Birth During Training Session

Tuesday, December 15, 2009
    foxnews_story.gif

Reuters/File

Elizabeth Poblete of Chile, seen here in this August 2008 file photo, unexpectedly gave birth to a baby boy during a training session.

A Chilean Olympic weightlifter who was training at a gym in Brazil got the shock of her life when she unexpectedly gave birth to a baby boy, the Web site Globo.com reported.
    Elizabeth Poblete had been working to “beef up” her body over the past few months and had no idea she was pregnant.
    It wasn’t until she called a doctor after becoming ill during a training session last week in San Paulo that she realized what was going on.
    Shortly after, the 22-year-old gave birth to a premature baby boy. Poblete and her son, Eric Jose, were then taken to the hospital.
    "It was a surprise for me," Horacio Reis, the head weight trainer, said. “A week ago I acted as a judge in a competition in Chile and this girl was competing. I could see she was a big girl, round and strong. That's all I noticed.”
    Doctors calculate Poblete must have been six months pregnant. Many times, the training and diet regimen of female weightlifters can cause them to have irregular menstrual cycles.

:dunno:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I saw this post and the only thing that came to mind was the character Jim Carry played on In Living Color, Olga, the Russian weight lifter!! :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Wow!

There are a variety of scenarios as to why should wouldn't be aware she was pregnant, though. If she was taking performance-enhancing drugs (very likely), it's possible those would have confused her body enough so that the signs would not be obvious.

But aside from that . . .

WOW!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This kind of gives new meaning to the term "snatch" in olympic weightlifting.

I now have the unshakable mental image of this woman doing a snatch, and once she has the weight above her head and she's bottomed-out in her squat, the baby just shoots right out of her . . . s . . . I can't type it.

Top Bottom