• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    Well i got a old 9mm handgun from my granpal a while back witch he carried back when he was in the milatary but now he cant remember what he ate 10 mins ago so i cant get any info on it now. my ?'s are does anyone know anything about this gun and maybe about if i was to sell it what it might be worth now days "not thinking of selling just like to know ". it reads on the side - gabilondo Y Cia. Elgoibar ( ESPANIA and under that Cal.9mm 38 "LLAMA" - . any input on this woould be great and thank you all.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    Can you get pictures? I saw a llama 9mm largo (different cartridge than the usual 9mm luger) in a shop I once worked at. Couldnt get much info on that one either.

Last edited:

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    yeah it is the 1911 style . as far as pic i can try to see if i can fig out how to get them up agian . had probs last time and couldnt get them to this site

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I've got an older Llama with similar markings. I've shot 9mm Largo through it as well as some .38acp level handloads in .38 Super brass. it's actually a very nicely made handgun. I paid $200 for mine awhile back and would love to have another one. I did find mention of the same handgun in a book from 1935. I have every reason to believe mine is a pre-WWII handgun, but have no real proof of it. Much better quality than ANY other Llama I've ever seen! I"ll try and put pics of mine up if I can find any on the computer.

Only differences I can find from a Colt pattern 1911 is an external extractor and the grip screw are bushingless and have a different spread.
    I've currently got a Brazilian manufactured 1911 .45 acp slide on it with a NM barrel and bushing as well as all other standard 1911 parts and it functions just fine.

Doug K

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    ok i was unable to get it on my post but i did get it to my pic album and it is the only one in there . not sure if ppl can get to it but i think you can if that would help .

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Yep, looks just like mine, only a bit more wear. I've got some 9 Largo ammo if you want to try and shoot it sometime. I'd gladly give you a box so you can try out grandpa's old gun!

picture.php

Only pic I have of mine right now. It's the upper one in the carved holster. It's now wearing a long trigger and a flat MSH because that's what I shoot best with

GunPics001-8.jpg

deerslayer13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    indpls in
    i think i might just be up for that sometime. tried shooting some rem shells through it but after 1 or 2 shots it jams up, and that always sucks

Top Bottom