OK! The new range at BGF is open, now what?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Alright guys and gals, the new Beech Grove Firearms Range is open so now what?

Might there be any interest in shooting leagues for rifle/handgun?
    Like maybe Appleseed and/or Bullseye shooting or anything else.

At the old "Gun Room" store and range we had league shooting at least one night a week and had a major turn out and it was fun.

So if you would be interested, say so here and let's see what happens. :ingo:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    How bout some full auto fun (if full auto is allowed in the range).

I've been trucking up to Lafayette or out to Linden (when they have their rare full auto days) to shoot my MAC-10/45 in a nice environment.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Alright guys and gals, the new Beech Grove Firearms Range is open so now what?

Might there be any interest in shooting leagues for rifle/handgun?
    Like maybe Appleseed and/or Bullseye shooting or anything else.

At the old "Gun Room" store and range we had league shooting at least one night a week and had a major turn out and it was fun.

So if you would be interested, say so here and let's see what happens. :ingo:
    I remember bowling pins at the gun room

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    Well guys and girls this is a start but we should have a lot more to start a league.

Perhaps I should have used a better worded title to get everyone's attention, I'm not sure.

Maybe something like "League shooting signup for Beech Grove Firearms Range" or something like that? Anyway, maybe I or we should just give it more time.

I used to shoot on the "Hoosier Hills" team at the Gun Room and at Emmerich Manual high school and we had several teams with several members on each team. That was .22lr cal only, 10 slow, 10 timed and 10 rapid fire shots for a total of 30 rounds. But that was only because Manual high school had a 22 cal. limit.

That need not apply to BGF which can handle anything you can throw at it and it need not be only Bullseye, it could be several different styles of compitition, perhaps even bowling pin. We'll just have to see what developes.

I can only hope that I can still compete.

Top Bottom