• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    ok so my travels took me by the lgs where I recently purchased a new hybrid holster, I asked about the difficulty in getting the self defense tool unholstered, and was told" Well yeah they make them that way you do not want theme to come out of the holster easily, you want to have to think about it for a little!"

Really if I have to draw in defense of my self or family I do not want to have to know the pinky square super secret pass word to unholster!

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The dumbest thing I have ever heard in a gun store?

It usually has something to do with "stopping power" of a certain mythical round. Apparently there is a handgun made in the early 1900s that is chambered in a magical round that instantly destroys anything it hits with a single bullet.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    The gun shop that was in the Stegorish area in Illinois had an ex-cop owning it. He told me that with his FFL he could legally carry concealed in all 50 states. It wasn't worth my time to debate it with him as I wasn't going to be a customer.

Of course, about two years later he was convicted of selling Class 3 weapons without a licenses so I guess maybe he listened to another GS that steered him wrong.

Crossbow

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Tippecanoe Co.
    The dumbest thing I ever heard in a gun store was also the most insulting;

"You should come back with your husband so he can help you pick out a gun that fits you.":scratch:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    ive had fortune of not having bad convos at LGS. might have to do with me minding my business, dunno, usually a trip to a store is an in and out affair, and i only linger whilst waiting for NICS checks.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    At the new Dunhams in Fort Wayne when I was looking at the AR15s. "I don't understand why anyone needs an AR. If you want an AR you should join the Army" I just looked at him and smiled and walked on.

Haven't seen him there since.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    At the new Dunhams in Fort Wayne when I was looking at the AR15s. "I don't understand why anyone needs an AR. If you want an AR you should join the Army" I just looked at him and smiled and walked on.

Haven't seen him there since.

Now that is just ridiculous. That's the kind of opinion they need to keep to themselves.

Stupid I agree, but, I'd rather be told the truth then have someone lie and miss inform me.

Agreed, not everyone can know about every gun, and I'd rather have someone tell me that they don't have knowledge of a particular gun than try and BS me. Better yet, they can refer you to someone in the shop who likely knows more about that particular gun.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom