• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Would they rather we concealed them. Other than the fact that they would still overwhelmingly be carried by law abiding citizens, would it make them feel better

Are you sure these guys aren't DHS/TSA?

Feeling shame for all Buckeyes. Think a might better of the governor, though

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm a logical kinda guy. It would make sense to me that if I we're a cop I'd want to ban concealed carry. I would want to know who is carrying rather than not know who is by them concealing it. But it doesn't really matter since criminals don't follow laws

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    “We are going to be looking very, very hard at anyone who has an open carry,” he said. “An AR-15, a shotgun, multiple handguns. It’s irresponsible of those folks — especially right now — to be coming downtown with open carry AR’s or anything else. I couldn’t care less if it’s legal or not. We are constitutional law enforcement, we love the Constitution, support it and defend it, but you can’t go into a crowded theater and scream fire. And that’s exactly what they’re doing by bringing those guns down there.”

I don't even know where to start.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    It makes me uneasy when police officials start saying things like they don't care if something is constitutional or not. The author of that statement should retract it .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It makes me uneasy when police officials start saying things like they don't care if something is constitutional or not. The author of that statement should retract it .

Retraction is way to little.
    The lack of concern for the constitution is reaching burst point.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    “We are going to be looking very, very hard at anyone who has an open carry,” he said. “An AR-15, a shotgun, multiple handguns. It’s irresponsible of those folks — especially right now — to be coming downtown with open carry AR’s or anything else. I couldn’t care less if it’s legal or not. We are constitutional law enforcement, we love the Constitution, support it and defend it, but you can’t go into a crowded theater and scream fire. And that’s exactly what they’re doing by bringing those guns down there.”

A retraction for a statement like that isn't even close to enough. The only thing that needs to come out of that guys mouth is "I'm sorry for my previous statement, I have come to the decision that with thinking like this I no longer belong in law enforcement so I am resigning my position." Anything less is unacceptable.

The sad, and sick, part is that he thinks he's doing good by thinking the way he does. People like this need a hard reminder that THEY WORK FOR THE PEOPLE, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND. Sadly, most don't ever get that reminder or come to that realization.

Last edited:

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I agree that it's very irresponsible for groups like the New Black Panthers to arm up and protest under the guise of "self defense", legal or not ... as though they expect to be attacked.

It's 100% instigation, challenging people to "do something" about them.

OC demonstration is one thing. Stating you're going to OC/be armed for a protest of a political convention is another.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

Bingo. **** 'em.

Call in sick if you don't like it.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area

Start by demanding his resignation.

bulletsmith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Lake County
    Whenever I hear somebody say something that I so strongly disagree with, I try to imagine myself in their shoes and try and understand how they could believe that way. The only thing I can come up with here is that that particular LEO anticipates carnage and feels helpless about it. :dunno:

I don't agree with his statement, but I think I can understand the feeling of helplessness.

Flame proof suit on....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Whenever I hear somebody say something that I so strongly disagree with, I try to imagine myself in their shoes and try and understand how they could believe that way. The only thing I can come up with here is that that particular LEO anticipates carnage and feels helpless about it. :dunno:

I don't agree with his statement, but I think I can understand the feeling of helplessness.

Flame proof suit on....

No flamer here. I to see the point but that is not how the rules were written for the game we are in.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I don’t care if it’s constitutional or not at this point,” Stephen Loomis, president of Cleveland Police Patrolmen’s Association, told CNN.

Wonder what other parts of the Constitution Mr. Loomis finds troublesome? If protecting and defending the Constitution is a little too tough for him, he might want to consider transferring to the sanitation department. He can trash a lot of items there.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is there actually a good reason to go to Cleveland? Has there ever been one?

Amen on the governor.

Everything I know about Cleveland I learned from the Drew Carey show. I'm probably not the one to ask....

esoqna2zusrxcl3y62zu.jpg

Top Bottom