• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    This thread will be here for those INGOers who have interactions with law enforcement that don't end up with our rights violated or disarmed or forced to conceal or any other problems commonly talked about on INGO.

I'll start:

Tonight I was in Subway getting dinner and there was an EPD officer in there doing the same. I was CCing and wearing my Team INGO shirt. Nothing was said.

Now post up with some of your non-issue encounters to help for those times that people loose faith in our officers or for those members of INGO who feel like we are constantly bashing them for the sins of others.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    one night I was at Walmart in Beach Grove and ran into Frank-N-Stein.. stood and talked to him for 10 minutes or so.. not once did he ask about my handgun

one morning I went into the gas station to get a pepsi, Denny was in there, talked with him about 5 minutes. Never asked about my handgun.

another morning I went into the gas station to get a pepsi and there was a couple of IMPD's finest, they nodded as I walked by OC my handgun.. not a word was said.

I could go on and on.. never once had an issue while carrying

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    A few weekends ago, I was OCing at the local Menards. Mr88GT and I were loading up the truck with materials for new gutters on the domicile. After our own Indytechnerd gave us a drive by "atta girl," we noticed a patrol car sitting about 7 or 8 spaces from us. I didn't see him pull up, but Mr88GT did. He sat there the whole time watching us. When we began closing up the tailgate and running the cart to the corral, he drove away.

It's possible it was completely coincidental, but we wondered at the time if someone hadn't called in a MWAG and he used his discretion is determining that there was nothing to worry about from the family of four loading up guttering supplies. I can't say for sure, but I like to think that's what it was.

one night I was at Walmart in Beach Grove and ran into Frank-N-Stein.. stood and talked to him for 10 minutes or so.. not once did he ask about my handgun

one morning I went into the gas station to get a pepsi, Denny was in there, talked with him about 5 minutes. Never asked about my handgun.

another morning I went into the gas station to get a pepsi and there was a couple of IMPD's finest, they nodded as I walked by OC my handgun.. not a word was said.

I could go on and on.. never once had an issue while carrying

Not to take away from the intent of the thread, but I have to wonder if being female has anything to do with it. I'm not saying it does. But I do wonder about it.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I was shooting on private property in Greene County and the neighbor called the police. The officer came out and we talked. He was diplomatic and he left.

Another time in Bloomington I heard a loud knocking on the door at 9:30pm. I answered the door with a handgun pointed down behind the door out of sight. A uniformed officer asked me if I would step out on the porch and talk. I told him that I would, but I was going to lay this down first, nodding towards my concealed hand. He kind rolled his eyes as he saw me lay it down and asked me if I always answered the door with a gun. I told him that in fact, I usually do. It turns out that my neighbor had been jacked at his front door, bound, beaten and robbed about an hour before. The officer was professional and he did not act aggressively towards me.

I had an off duty greene county deputy approach me when I was shooting clays on a different private property. He was deer hunting and thought he was the only person who had permission to be on the property. I had permission and am glad he had already taken a deer and that I did not ruin his hunting. The officer was polite and once we figured out who each other was and why we did not know the other was going to be on the property, we had a nice talk.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I was driving on 465 today, and saw two motorcycle cops with a hand-held radar unit pulling people over.

They didn't get me. I just drove on by.

This thread is going to be very boring.

brian.derby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2012
    Indianapolis, IN
    Pitsboro Farmers Market, talking with chief while OC. Love the fact she CC her baby Glock... Great lady.

Also, Indianapolis Airport Police officer at a Gas station near the airport, clerk said she felt well protected as officer smiled noticing the peace keeper on my hip. great guy.

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana
    At Dennys when two EPD detectives walked in at about 0130 ish. I noticed them OCin'g their department issued glocks. I didn't say anything and left them in peace since they looked very tired but not suspicious :)

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I was OCing in a Kohls once when I saw a cop staring at me. I stopped and stared back at him. this went on for several minutes until I realized it was only a mirror.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I was at the porter county fair for 9 and a half hours open carry my G17 and not one local cop or sheriff sad a word too me.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Everybody knows that gun owners use guttering for nefarious, anti-government purposes.

Yep, I saw Christmas Vacation. Those gutters can be used to launch ice missiles.

But in regards to the subject of the OP...I saw several city and county LEO's out and about yesterday. I saw them molesting nobody's rights--gun owner or not.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Not to take away from the intent of the thread, but I have to wonder if being female has anything to do with it. I'm not saying it does. But I do wonder about it.
    I honestly believe you have something there and I have thought that myself many time. I know more times than not when I am with hubby and he's pulled over for speeding, his firearm is taken and they never ask if I have one :dunno:
    I was OCing in a Kohls once when I saw a cop staring at me. I stopped and stared back at him. this went on for several minutes until I realized it was only a mirror.
    I bet you were thinking... "Damn that's one sexy dude there"
    then you realized it was just you :D

Top Bottom