• ...and so much more!
  • MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    I love them both, as long as I don't look at that crappy Urban Grey.
    I had a chance to buy another (black frame & blue grips) from a member here, but I'd spent too much money upgrading mine and I decided to live with it.

I have $1200 in my Shadow 2 and I won't get it back so I'm stuck with it unless I want to take a loss.
    If I could trade mine out for someone who wanted the upgrades for a stock model and get $200 also, I'd do it, but that won't happen.
    I probably ought to try to sell mine for $1200 then buy another one used.

I wonder what yours would look like if you just put the Blue Grips on it *??? It might look great, and would be a cheaper option.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I wonder what yours would look like if you just put the Blue Grips on it *??? It might look great, and would be a cheaper option.

Oh, I thought of that early on, but the black grips are a good mix with the lighter "Urban Grey."
    I've even looked at other grips for it to see it would lesson my distaste for the Urban Grey, but didn't see anything that I was willing to take a chance on.
    I've even had people suggest using a cerakote on the frame, but after doing that & buying grips, I can't face reinventing the wheel with this gun.
    Plus, I haven't been impressed with the coating that is on their now, and in a previous gun I bought with a nice green cerakote, wore "impressively."
    Actually, I thought it was crap.
    I just care about the wear factor.
    I did have a green frame on a Ruger P89 once that was great.
    I don't know whether Ruger did that or someone had it cerakoted.

I did see these and wondered.
    HuH8do1.jpg
    CZ_SHadow_2_Roughnecks_GWood_s__75415.1545256291.jpg
    CZ_Shadow_2_PalmSwell_FullCheckered_ColorFill_Liner_Orange_02__51300.1549033608.jpg
    CZ_Shadow_2_Palm_Swell_Bogies_BlueBlack_s__43107.1537363647.jpg
    CZ_Shadow_2_Palm_Swell_Ridgebacks_BlueBlack_s1__33412.1559234025.jpg

CZ_SHadow_2_EngraveLiner_ColorFill_Red_s__62703.1539177329.jpg
    S2_PalmSwell_Checkered_BrownBlack_s__61892.1556654288.jpg
    S2_PalmSwell_GridLOK_Med_Slant_Brass_01__39945.1584387985.jpg
    S2_PalmSwell_Ridgeback_BrownBlack_s1__81679.1559232854.jpg
    S2_PalmSwell_Ridgeback_Camo_s1__03588.1559231334.jpg
    S2_PalmSwell_Checkered_Camo_s__73948.1556655087.jpg
    S2_PalmSwell_Roughnecks_Camo__24425.1567714960.jpg
    S2_PalmSwell_Roughnecks_OrangeBlack_s__69185.1555600868.jpg
    S2_PalmSwell_Roughnecks_Ivory__80730.1568312573.jpg

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Somebody that was proficient with Photoshop (which is not me), could probably splice the grips onto your gun ..... to see if it was appealing.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I wasn't a big fan of the u.g. frames a couple of years ago but every time Gary posts a photo of his, it has grown on me a little until I currently think the two tone u.g frame with black slide and grips looks pretty good. Best part is that all you see shooting them is the black slide and it certainly seems like he enjoys his as much as I do my Shadow 2.

Let it grow on you Gary...let it grow!:thumbsup:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I wasn't a big fan of the u.g. frames a couple of years ago but every time Gary posts a photo of his, it has grown on me a little until I currently think the two tone u.g frame with black slide and grips looks pretty good. Best part is that all you see shooting them is the black slide and it certainly seems like he enjoys his as much as I do my Shadow 2.
    Let it grow on you Gary...let it grow!:thumbsup:

:rofl:

Last edited:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm getting closer to biting the bullet doing something about the dirty poopy diaper Urban Grey color on the CZ Shadow 2.
    I'm going to be at Allen's Diamond Collision shop Tuesday b/c a friend's daughter backed her Jeep into my parked prized convertible. :crying:
    Since I can take care of 2 problems at the same time, it seems logical to address the Shadow 2. :dunno:
    I heard he had a special of a free Cerakote application with every collision claim (for those who don't get my eclectic humor in print: that was it). :laugh:

A friend suggested to leave the OEM slide black & other black parts alone & just Cerakote the frame.
    Made sense to me & that's the direction I'm headed. :coffee:
    Not so much to save a dollar, but just not to reinvent the wheel & a like the idea of a 2-tone.
    If I'm going down the wrong road, tell me. :ingo:
    If anyone has any suggestions from what you've seen & especially any pics: bring it on! :)

So far these have been suggested to me or caught my eye:
    - Tungsten (recommended)
    - Graphite Black
    - Sniper Grey (recommended)
    - Stone Grey (recommended)
    - Satin Aluminum
    - Dark Green
    - OD Green
    - Cobalt
    - Burnt Bronze (recommended)

I'm drawn to Dark grey/charcoal colors, or even a different black with an attitude.
    I have had some experience with green before that I liked.

Pic of dirty diaper Urban Grey (ignore the Rami):
    8bAOQEc.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Any of those would look good and make the gun your own. My :twocents:

My thoughts also after looking at "hundreds" different Cerakote applications on guns last evening.

With the direction my tastes for colors are going, I will probably lean on Allen's experience with seeing the end result, but I know that in the end it subjective.

Tungsten keeps coming up edging out other "dark grey" or "charcoal" or Graphite Black hues.

In another direction, Mil spec OD Green is interesting, heading up the "greens".
    Burnt Bronze has been recommended, & is interesting also.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I've seen the burnt bronze on some of the mouse's guns and it's a sweet color.

I had a bronze once but it wasn't as good looking as the Burnt Bronze is with a black accent.
    That's 4 recommendations for the B.B.
    2 guys that I have dealt with texted me about the B.B.
    In fact, someone just texted me "selling" its "look" that they've seen with a black 2-tone.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    I had a bronze once but it wasn't as good looking as the Burnt Bronze is with a black accent.
    That's 4 recommendations for the B.B.
    2 guys that I have dealt with texted me about the B.B.
    In fact, someone just texted me "selling" its "look" that they've seen with a black 2-tone.

Get what YOU like. Not necessarily what most others recommend or you may end up with a color that doesn't make you any happier than the urban grey.

Just to balance things out, I'm not a big B.B. fan. and would lean toward tungsten. :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Get what YOU like.
    Not necessarily what most others recommend or you may end up with a color that doesn't make you any happier than the urban grey.
    Just to balance things out, I'm not a big B.B. fan. and would lean toward tungsten. :)

Absolutely, don't doubt I will have my preferences and will get what I like!
    The upside there is no way I can get something that doesn't make me happier than diaper Urban Grey. :laugh:
    Not picking from a paint chart, but seeing colors with different light on multiple guns paints a clear picture (pun intended).

I just wanted to be aware of what others have seen that I might have missed.
    After going through hundreds of colors on guns last night, I will do so again tonight.

Top Bottom