• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Does this mean I have to wait, as an officer, for the bad guy pointing a gun at someone else to fire before I fire? How do I know that person is "really" going to pull the trigger?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I had three direct witnesses to my shooting, two police officers and a citizen. Four firefighters saw the weapon the guy had as they were treating him for his bullet wound. It took around six months to be cleared by the Grand Jury and 23 months to be cleared by the IMPD firearms review board. I challenge you to show me any non-police citizen involved in a justifiable shooting that had to wait that long for it to be announced by the Prosecutor that they wouldn't be facing charges.

yeah that's not fair and it's a waste of tax money dragging it out that long. Not to mention the mental toll it would I'm sure take on a person.
    anytime we don't like a police policy you guys tell us to write a letter to our state reps. I'd suggest the same to you and your fellow officers. I'm sure your letters will get about as much done as ours do.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    yeah that's not fair and it's a waste of tax money dragging it out that long. Not to mention the mental toll it would I'm sure take on a person.
    anytime we don't like a police policy you guys tell us to write a letter to our state reps. I'd suggest the same to you and your fellow officers. I'm sure your letters will get about as much done as ours do.
    Going outside the chain of command for department issues...RIGHT!!!!!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Going outside the chain of command for department issues...RIGHT!!!!!
    I understand. But if you rely on the status quo it will never change. Let some of us help? What would you like changed? Give me substance for my letters and I'll write them. Just like I'd hope you guys would be there for us when/if the issue of being able to legally carry a pistol in all 50 states like officers can comes back up. Or your support for constitutional carry in Indiana.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I understand. But if you rely on the status quo it will never change. Let some of us help? What would you like changed? Give me substance for my letters and I'll write them. Just like I'd hope you guys would be there for us when/if the issue of being able to legally carry a pistol in all 50 states like officers can comes back up. Or your support for constitutional carry in Indiana.
    I appreciate your support but the buck stops with the Mayor and he has ZERO interest in our working conditions. I do 100% support 50 state carry.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    You don't think I understand what you're saying, I do. But, the people that post this crap just because they hate the police can't have their cake and eat it too.
    You might think some of what some people post here is crap, that's fine. But I really don't think anyone here "HATES" the police.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    OP, the best way to preserve a police officer's safety for those who justify violating our rights for their "safety",
    is to NOT become a cop in the first place if you haven't got the nerve to do it without violating our rights.

That's the ULTIMATE in "officer's safety".

Top Bottom