• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Almost everyone speeds, doesn't matter what their profession is. People just get more butthurt when cops do it. I guess you'd rather me drive the speed limit and stop you for passing me than me setting the pace and giving you a little leeway?

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Almost everyone speeds, doesn't matter what their profession is. People just get more butthurt when cops do it. I guess you'd rather me drive the speed limit and stop you for passing me than me setting the pace and giving you a little leeway?

Did you actually click on the link and listen to the story???!!!

In a one month period:

• 14 Orlando police vehicles not responding to a call, were clocked between 90 mph and 115 mph............37 times.
    • 16 Orange County sheriff's deputies also not being dispatched to a call, were clocked between 90 and 109 mph........40 times.
    So why don't you now put your ego in check.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Did you actually click on the link and listen to the story???!!!

In a one month period:

• 14 Orlando police vehicles not responding to a call, were clocked between 90 mph and 115 mph............37 times.
    • 16 Orange County sheriff's deputies also not being dispatched to a call, were clocked between 90 and 109 mph........40 times.

No, I didn't. It is just another "let's talk **** about the police" attention-whore thread. Maybe someone should do a study of why non-LEOs speed and the speeds at which they are clocked.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Buuuuuuuuut, "almost everyone" isn't immune to the penalties driving over the speed limit could entail...I'm guessing that's why some people get mad when cops do it.

Personally, I don't mind one bit when a PO sets the pace.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    No, I didn't. It is just another "let's talk **** about the police" attention-whore thread. Maybe someone should do a study of why non-LEOs speed and the speeds at which they are clocked.
    Kind of ironic a person thats job is to enforce the law.....defending the breaking of the very same laws. :dunno:

Doesnt cost the county, state, city any money(lawsuits) if I get into a wreck and am negligent....what happens when you do it?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So these officers weren't actually "clocked" speeding, but rather a computer mapped the distances between two points and the time it took the officer to get there in order to determine speed. Lol, that's hilarious.
    ....Because officers never mark 10-23 (arrived on-scene), prior to actually arriving nor do they mark 10-76 (enroute) from a location that they arent actually at.

Not saying that the findings aren't correct in some instances, but good luck proving them all.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So these officers weren't actually "clocked" speeding, but rather a computer mapped the distances between two points and the time it took the officer to get there in order to determine speed. Lol, that's hilarious.
    ....Because officers never mark 10-23 (arrived on-scene), prior to actually arriving nor do they mark 10-76 (enroute) from a location that they arent actually at.

Not saying that the findings aren't correct in some instances, but good luck proving them all.

My understanding is that they were established by time from toll booth to toll booth. Hard to find the wiggle room in that.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

If you'll note the story, none were responding to even qualify for 10-23 or 10-76, as they were off the clock.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If you'll note the story, none were responding to even qualify for 10-23 or 10-76, as they were off the clock.

That's totally unknown. An officer may mark 10-42 (end of shift) from a normal workday, travel to his "off-duty" employment, and them mark 10-6, (notifying their local dispatch) on an off-duty assignment. That's exactly how we are instructed at my PD.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Sorry but a cop is held to a hire standard, Especially when driving a police car. So the everyone speeds line is bs.

Another thing that makes me mad is the whole stay in the left lane thing. They do know that is illegal in indiana? Cop or civilian.

Other than cops that break laws, I love em.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012

So you just saw the thread title and independently concluded that it was yet another cop bashing thread? I hope your investigatory skills while at work, are much better than they are on INGO.

This thread is merely a news story, without any assignment of compunction on my part to relay any judgement upon the findings. If you're feeling butthurt for your brethren upon the blue line, then I suggest you take a long look in the mirror, because it wasn't me who did anything but place the story into a thread.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    That's totally unknown. An officer may mark 10-42 (end of shift) from a normal workday, travel to his "off-duty" employment, and them mark 10-6, (notifying their local dispatch) on an off-duty assignment. That's exactly how we are instructed at my PD.

I'll type this slowly, to allow you to understand whence I received the information I am conveying:

R-E-A-D.....T-H-E.....S-T-O-R-Y.

I would copy and paste it for your convenience, but that is prohibited here.

Top Bottom