• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    I really want all of you to rest at ease...the roads are open, GPS instructions work great, the parking is appropriate, and the facility is ready. Many of you are waiting until next weekend, but I proudly droves my neighbor down to the fairgrounds for the " gun show" this morning. Cash in my pocket, .380 auto on the hip, new Ruger SR9 in the box to be sure the rail accessories fit...it was a a beautiful plan...anyway, see you all next weekend! :rockwoot: :patriot:

Ryno300

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Fly over country
    @jmb1031 Be sure to research what you are looking for. There are deals to be had, but only if you know the details and pricing of the item you want. What I've gotten the most out of shows in the past is to be able to put my hands on a number of handguns I "think" I might be interested in. Cash and carry always seems the best way to go. I haven't gone enough to notice any difference in deals the first day versus the last day.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Also always ask before you pick up a gun. While 99.9% will not have a problem it's just common courtesy.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    You would be amazes at how many people just pick something up and then when they get done pointing it everywhere they put it on top of another gun. Having a booth there is not something I miss.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    You would be amazes at how many people just pick something up and then when they get done pointing it everywhere they put it on top of another gun. Having a booth there is not something I miss.

I went to the Ft. Wayne show on Sunday. I'd been to ONE show before, many years ago, so I was basically a gun show virgin. I can't tell you how many booths would announce loudly, "Feel free to touch and pick up anything ... if you have any questions, just ask."

Therefore, as a newbie to gun shows, I can see how other noobs could just assume that that's the proper etiquette at gun shows -- free to handle at will.

Of course, I didn't touch anything without permission ... ;) but it's good to know that asking first is the appropriate protocol.

Citizen711

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Fishers
    If you've got 20 guns laid out on the table, it's just like any other product. People are going to reasonably expect to be able to pick them up and look them over. I know I do, but I treat the merchandise with respect, placing them back on the table the way I found them. I will always ask if I feel the need to try the trigger, though, or most any time when looking through a private collection.

I have seen dealers put out signs that insist people ask to pick up a gun, and that's ok, too, if that's their preferred way of doing things.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    To me it's just courtesy. (Not saying you're discourteous or anything.) I know they expect people to just grab and drop so I like to be the exception. It shows I care enough about the item to treat it with respect. Sometimes I think it's even gotten me a better price.

Top Bottom