• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HobbyGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Newburgh
    I am at work until a minimum of 7:00pm Monday - Saturday. So it would have to be a late gathering for me. Or you are welcome to swing by the shop and introduce yourself. But given enough notice, I might be able to schedule an employee to work for me so that I could make a gathering.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    No big news today but I did OC most of the day. Interestingly my wife and I had optometrist appointments in the same office this morning. I removed my G27 from my belt and put it in my ankle holster. I was talking to a techie and and she talked about EPD having snipers on roof tops during the Fall Festival. Ooookay. Then I mentioned that "guy at the zoo" and she said he was within his rights! Good for her. I finally showed her my empty holster on my hip and she said, "that's okay. People come in here all the time OCing." That really surprised me and I was glad to hear it. I also carried into Thorton's on St. Joe, Hucks in Boonville, a christian bookstore in E'ville (the lady clerk took two long looks at my hunk-o-death but didn't say anything), Barnes and Nobles and Wesselmans west side. I'm sure plenty of people got a good look.

I don't know if I ought to start a new thread for this but I'm seriously tempted to put together some kind of event within the next two weeks. There was a brutal assault and rape on the Greenway trail a couple years ago. I am thinking of contacting the paper and two TV stations and mention that I want to bike ride the trail in honor of all victims of violent, personal crime. I think a COUPLE open carriers, neatly dressed, would be a positive news worthy event. I am a Viet Nam (non-combat) vet and I would love to hear from other vets in the area that would like to do this. I would very much like to see some women and minority license holders participate. We might even make the point that if any members of the public would like to ride along they needn't fear being alone on a trail that is very pretty but has some very dangerous areas. Your thoughts please.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I am at work until a minimum of 7:00pm Monday - Saturday. So it would have to be a late gathering for me. Or you are welcome to swing by the shop and introduce yourself. But given enough notice, I might be able to schedule an employee to work for me so that I could make a gathering.

Good meeting you today! Great shop too, can't wait til my boy grows up a little and I get some more spare cash around.

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I did a little research last night about assaults on the trail. The rape I remembered was sometime in September '04. It was somewhere around Garvin Park (probably because there wasn't much more of the trail completed at that time.) I also saw other stories that quoted the police as late as this year talking about how safe (relatively) the route is. Right there is a red flag. If the cops have to tell us how safe it is that means cover your a**. Citizens then gave personal stories of seeing homeless dudes and winos congregating under some of the bridges (probably the Lloyd and Franklin Street as I mentioned in my OP) and being approached by a panhandler at least once. Who the h*** wants their wife, daugter, kids bothered by potential muggers and mooches while they are out biking or hiking? When the leaves fell last Fall you could see a couple tents and cardboard "houses" between the trail and the creek bank at the south side of the Maryland street bridge. Anyway, I'm probably going for a ride this Sunday afternoon if the weather is decent. I hope there are a lot of people on the river front walkway and around Garvin Park.

Mrs_Frost

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    How fast can she run? Say, I have a great idea. She could hike a few hundred yards ahead of us and draw out the muggers. We'd probably be able to get to her in a few minutes to rescue her:ar15: (This could be one of my best ideas ever:rolleyes: )

No way am I going to be the bait! Ben can run pretty fast though.

Top Bottom