• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Mayoral candidates Davis, Winnecke spar in second televised debate » Evansville Courier & Press

I misseed the debate, but apparently I was in the discussion... Anyone catch it? I will try to watch it tonight.

Check the comments section on this article.
    Winnecke was at the last Patriots meeting OCing a little Ruger mouse gun. He heard the full discussion about the zoo incident. Davis was at a meeting a couple months earlier and couldn't repeat enough that he is a strong gun guy and even has a "permit." For either to not be informed about the law and the "incident" involving our beloved mad man, especially Winneke, is pretty sad.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Mrortega was out in public again today. I OCd everywhere. Thorntons on St. Joe, Circle K on north Fulton, 5/3 bank on St. Joe, German American bank on St. Joe (both cuties at the counter got a good look at my gun), Walmart west side, and Steak and Shake west side. There were a lot of people at Walmart. I forgot to mention my barber on the west side. We had a good conversation about guns. We talked about the shooting at the salon in California and a barber shop attempted robbery in Chicago early this year or late last year where an armed citizen getting a hair cut shot one perp and drove the other one off. My barber is concerned about stuff like that so I made the point that he has a cash rich business and he could be a prime target. He was very open and surprised that the LTCH is only $60. I told him to get going on it and let me know when he is ready to look at pistols and I would guide him toward one that he would feel comfortable with.

I also had on my ankle holster in case I need to move my G27 to it. The reason for that is I dropped my wife and her 93yr old aunt off at the movies. Auntie had a brother who committed suicide by firearm a long time ago and it still hurts her. Since I love and respect her I don't often carry where she can see it. However, today I open carried after I picked them up and took them to Steak and Shake. I don't know if she noticed but she had a great time and loves me for all the stuff we do for her. I decided that if she brings it up I'll explain that I'm sorry for her loss but I carry because I don't want to die by someone else's hand if I have a chance or need to defend myself or her. I think she'll understand.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Winnecke was at the last Patriots meeting OCing a little Ruger mouse gun. He heard the full discussion about the zoo incident. Davis was at a meeting a couple months earlier and couldn't repeat enough that he is a strong gun guy and even has a "permit." For either to not be informed about the law and the "incident" involving our beloved mad man, especially Winneke, is pretty sad.

I talked extensively with Winnecke at that meeting an aside from calling his Ruger a "Luger" he seemed very knowledgeable about the laws and nature of our LTCH. He also listened to my story and at the meeting he used the example at the Zoo as a reason to train our police better. I don't have any direct experience with Davis yet but I do have his cell number. After I watch the debate I may just give him a ring...

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I would be glad to OC with you on the bike trail! Tiff would come but she doesn't have a bike.
    I'm looking at Sunday. When I've ridden the trail I've parked in the museum parking lot then rode down the riverfront and then the trail. It will be a little sunnier Saturday but there is a problem for you: The local "Occupy" whackos are supposed to meet at the Four Freedoms monument. If we ride by there I can just see the headline: "Zoo Maniac Intimidates Peaceful Occupy Evansville Citizens." Honestly, I can't take you anywhere:D

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I'm looking at Sunday. When I've ridden the trail I've parked in the museum parking lot then rode down the riverfront and then the trail. It will be a little sunnier Saturday but there is a problem for you: The local "Occupy" whackos are supposed to meet at the Four Freedoms monument. If we ride by there I can just see the headline: "Zoo Maniac Intimidates Peaceful Occupy Evansville Citizens." Honestly, I can't take you anywhere:D

They said anyone with a cause was welcome... Maybe we should stop and say "Hi!":D

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    They said anyone with a cause was welcome... Maybe we should stop and say "Hi!":D
    Let's make this a family affair and have some real fun. Since your wife supposedly doesn't have a bike and my wife doesn't want to ride they can mingle with the crowd. As we ride by Tiffany can scream and point at us. My wife can fake a faint and see what happens. Why don't you run that one by Guy before I call the media?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Let's make this a family affair and have some real fun. Since your wife supposedly doesn't have a bike and my wife doesn't want to ride they can mingle with the crowd. As we ride by Tiffany can scream and point at us. My wife can fake a faint and see what happens. Why don't you run that one by Guy before I call the media?

No! Don't tell Guy! He never let's me have any fun! ;)

Top Bottom